Nexus 6P - Divide and Nine: Configuration from managing application required.?

A

AC Question

When installing Divide and/or Nine on a user's Nexus 6P with OS 6.x, I get the error when attempting to open either of these apps. They're used to create a separate environment for work productivity apps (email, calendar, etc). Obviously there's a setting or missing app that is causing Divide and Nine to fail. Does anyone know how to fix it so I can get my work email back on my phone?

Note: A secure environment like Divide, Nine and Touchdown is required by work policies.

Thank you.
-Cory

Hawgee

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Divide and Nine: "Configuration from managing application required."

If apps are not listed thru Google App store, try a settings change.
Go to Settings - Security - Unknown Sources. Then toggle switch.
Be sure you trust where the apps come from and that they are valid and trust worthy.

roccitycory

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Re: Divide and Nine: Configuration from managing application required.?

Thanks for the reply, Hawgee. Both apps were downloaded from the Google Play Store, so we're totally legitimate.

-Cory

GuyWith4Kids

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

I use Nine all the time on my 6P without issue. I did have a license issue when I first switched over but it resolved itself after a couple days.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Divide and Nine: "Configuration from managing application required."

"Configuration from managing app required" sounds like an issue with the way your work exchange server is configured, not your app. I use Nine as well for work exchange email and have never encountered this problem. I suggest asking your IT department about it and see what they can do. If you are IT, consider looking at your active sync settings and policies connected to your account to make sure active sync is enabled. A policy setting on your company's exchange server may also be restricting active sync access to these apps.

roccitycory

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for all the assistance, people. I was never able to get Divide to working, but after installing Nine a second time, it started working. I checked app settings, security settings, active sync settings, and so on. Shrug. Call it a fluke.

-Cory

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay