Nexus 6P - Text to voice app

Fisherguy 01

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Right now I use the built in Google voice app (sorry, don't know what it's called) for sending texts to people when I'm driving, what is the best app that will do this as well as READ the incoming texts to me?
I had drivesafe.ly on one of my old phones but the free version kinda sucked and from the reviews the paid version isn't much better.
Thanks

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Text to voice app

Have you tried Talkback? It's automatically installed but needs to be activated. Settings > Accessibility. I've never tried it, but it's made by Google. Can't hurt to see how it works.

Sent via the Communications Center of the Takari

renegad3

May 16, 2013
Visit site

in the google app, enable the 'ok google' voice aptions of your liking, then simply say 'ok google, read my last message'

there are also other commands associated for them to be dictated.

Fisherguy 01

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site

Thanks.
I didn't try TalkBack but I did push the mic button and said 'read last message' and it did exactly that. I didn't know it did that till now.

duke_zymba

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site

i've enabled Talkback, bit it's taken over my phone, it doesn't matter what i do, i can't unlock my phone , when i try to swipe to unlock it i just get unlock button spoken, but the phone doesn't unlock, help please

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Coming from using Moto X's for the last 2 years, I missed auto readout of my text messages when in the car etc.

I'm using the app "Enhanced SMS & Caller ID" (eCID). I have mine configure to read text messages when connected to BT - which I always am when in the car. It also works great when on my BT headset, biking, skiing etc.

I haven't explored its functionality to do replies. If I need to reply, I use my Moto 360 watch.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

i've enabled Talkback, bit it's taken over my phone, it doesn't matter what i do, i can't unlock my phone , when i try to swipe to unlock it i just get unlock button spoken, but the phone doesn't unlock, help please

You could try swiping with two fingers and a double tap to select the different options.

TruPlaya187

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

I have installed and now part of the beta program for this app : Touchless Notification Pro.

it is a great app and you can setup a lot of options for different scenarios. For all notifications coming in or just certain app when you connect your phone to your Bluetooth car system.

Here is the links :

Free version : https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=hu.viczian.notifications.free&token=sZgiakQ9
Paid version : https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=hu.viczian.notifications.pro&token=MnMqZtTc

Also the dev is fast in responding to features, bugs...etc He can be reach on G+ or by email. All the information is in the playstore in the description.