Nexus 6P - Slickwraps

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
So I got my neon orange carbon fiber Slickwrap last night. It came with about a million pieces, which was a pleasant surprise. Had four side pieces, a front piece (which I didn't place in favor of the tempered glass screen protector), a back piece, a camera piece, Nexus letters in black and white, and of course all the tiny Google colored lettering for the X.

I followed the instructions on their YouTube channel for the 6P, which isn't listed on their installation page of their actual website by the way.

All in all, it came out beautiful. I messed up on the back piece twice because I've never placed a skin before so the camera edging is off kilter. And I haven't dug my hair dryer out yet to set it, otherwise it came out awesome. Orange is my favorite color and it looks sharp.

Will post more pics when I get some better lighting, but I had to share!

Posted via a screaming LG V10...or the Nexus 6P of Doom...mood dependent.

Attachments

• 770.jpg
    770.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 60

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Slickwraps

Nice job! I wish I could bring myself to attempt this but I know I'd muck it up.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

It was my first time. Good lighting and actually following the video help. I got over zealous and took the backing completely off the wax paper rather than half like the video said to. If you're gentle it's easy.

I know dbrand will replace it for free if you mess it up. I don't know about Slickwraps though.

Posted via a screaming LG V10...or the Nexus 6P of Doom...mood dependent.

RTD212

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site

I believe slickwraps would too...they're really generous with their skins. Great customer service! Looks great! Can't wait to get my 6p in the mail. I might slap a skin on there if/when I get tired of the aluminum

Slickwraps has the WORSE customer service! I bought 2 in November and when I put the first one on, it got messed up. Neither wrap came with instructions nor was there an installation video. I emailed them over and over and went back and forth with one rep and it took way too much time to get her to replace it. When she said they would, they never mailed it out! I had to email them a month later to find out what happened and they finally sent it out.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12