Newbie to Android and Nexus 6P - Few Questions

jprez1980

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Hey All-

First time poster and new to the world of android (been an iPhone user since the 3GS days) but felt like it was a time for change. Got the Nexus 6P in the mail this morning and still getting acclimated to it.

One item that appears to be missing by default and one I use all the time was an application that was stock called "Notes" in iOS world. It was notes basically stored on an exchange server. Is there something comparable to the iOS notes app for android? It doesn't have to use exchange, could use google but would like them synced.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Thanks

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey All-

First time poster and new to the world of android (been an iPhone user since the 3GS days) but felt like it was a time for change. Got the Nexus 6P in the mail this morning and still getting acclimated to it.

One item that appears to be missing by default and one I use all the time was an application that was stock called "Notes" in iOS world. It was notes basically stored on an exchange server. Is there something comparable to the iOS notes app for android? It doesn't have to use exchange, could use google but would like them synced.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Thanks

Yeah it's called Keep.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm not familiar with anything iOS... but if you want a good Note taking app that sync's to the cloud and you can access from a PC you might want to check out Evernote. The basic version is free and can do almost anything.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I did Evernote. It works acrossed my LG V10, my 6P and my tablet. It's a bit "more" than the Notes I remember from iOS.

Posted via a screaming LG V10...or the Nexus 6P of Doom...mood dependent.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I use Evernote for more lengthy notes. I use Keep for lists and quick notes. There's also a way you can tie Keep into your Google Now - meaning when you tell it to remind you of something, it will put it in your Keep.

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I started with Evernote but found it overkill. Keep does everything I need, with a much simpler interface.

Last edited: