Nexus 6P - Looking for an app that will turn off the screen but not lock it

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Coming from a LG v10 where I used double tap to turn on and off the phone. I saw a few apps you can get that will turn off the screen but also force lock the phone. So if I use the finger print scanner I still have to input a pin. I guess something equivalent to pushing the power button to turn the screen off but as a button on my home screen.

Thanks in advanced

anon(4086547)

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Looking for an app that will turn off the screen but not lock it

Try this app "Swipe Navigation"
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...phi.swipenavigationwithoutroot&token=5_HJRhYL

It has a built in gesture with three fingers to turn off the screen without locking. I was able to use fingerprint scanner to unlock with this app.
There is a root version and non root - not sure if you need root version for this to work or not.

joediver

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

Really don't understand the issue here. I have security set for fingerprint and pattern only on a reboot or cold start. Every other time I just pick up the phone with my finger on the scanner and I'm good to go. Don't need the pin or pattern every time. I too came from an HTC double tap but I'm loving the scanner

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

Really don't understand the issue here. I have security set for fingerprint and pattern only on a reboot or cold start. Every other time I just pick up the phone with my finger on the scanner and I'm good to go. Don't need the pin or pattern every time. I too came from an HTC double tap but I'm loving the scanner

What I am trying to do is avoid hitting the power button as much as possible. There are apps out there like screen lock where you place it in your home screen and press it to turn off the screen. The problem is it forces the pin lock to come on. Even if you use the fingerprint scanner you still need to enter the pin. Ian looking for an app that turns the screen off but does not force lock

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

What I am trying to do is avoid hitting the power button as much as possible. There are apps out there like screen lock where you place it in your home screen and press it to turn off the screen. The problem is it forces the pin lock to come on. Even if you use the fingerprint scanner you still need to enter the pin. Ian looking for an app that turns the screen off but does not force lock

Yes, Nova launcher forces the pin every time like this as well...

Posted via my Nokia 8210 from the inside of a Kitten.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad