Can you change the Nexus 6P's lockscreen wallpaper?

zhukr

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Someone else said it doesn't work w/ Marshmallow. I tried it and it didn't work for me (I'm on latest version of Marshmallow, using Nova prime, not rooted).

No, I couldn't get it either (Marshmallow 6.0.1, with Nova Prime, rooted/custom CM13 build)

I ended up downloading Go Locker, now its sorted.

Flytetymex

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Using NEXT app....you can. in fact, NEXT changes mine everyday downloading from Bing photos.
What I like about Next is you can individually turn off lock screen notifications. like I want to see text notifications on the lock screen, but dont need to see when my tokens refill on game X.

Quick question. Do you ever find that NEXT stops all your notifications from sounding? I have downloaded Next everytime it updates and I absolutely love it for about a day (sometimes just a few hours) until I realize that all my notifications stop sounding. I don't change anything on the app. It just ends up doing that by itself. I look for settings and what not and they all indicate that everything is functioning normally. I uninstall and reinstall the app and it works fine again...but only for a little bit. Has that ever happened to you? I'm completely stock with Nova Launcher

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Someone else said it doesn't work w/ Marshmallow. I tried it and it didn't work for me (I'm on latest version of Marshmallow, using Nova prime, not rooted).

No, I couldn't get it either (Marshmallow 6.0.1, with Nova Prime, rooted/custom CM13 build)

I ended up downloading Go Locker, now its sorted.

this new feature is only available on Android N so you have to wait untill u get N

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I updated to N last night but when I change the wallpaper it doesn't give me option to apply to lock screen, home or both. I'm using nova launcher.

radioactive70

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Using nova prime here myself and couldn't change the lock screen just the home wallpaper.swotched back to google launcher and had all 3 choices.

jbaker46

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I use Nova Prime on my 6P. Here's how to change lock screen wallpaper: Long press on Home Screen space to reveal desktop screens config with "Wallpapers, Widgets, Settings" at bottom. Select Wallpapers. Swipe the choices at bottom to the left and select "Apps & Themes". Select the Google Now Launcher (it's the only one I see). Note: your launcher has not changed and this only uses G Now Launcher to change the wallpapers. Select new wallpaper image from your photos or from whatever G Now offers you by swiping choices to left. After you see the check mark on the image, at the top left, press "Set Wallpaper". A menu will pop up allowing you to select the chosen image for your Home screen, Lock screen, or both. Done.

Thanks for this. It's been driving me crazy for days.

the_vi0

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I use Nova Prime on my 6P. Here's how to change lock screen wallpaper: Long press on Home Screen space to reveal desktop screens config with "Wallpapers, Widgets, Settings" at bottom. Select Wallpapers. Swipe the choices at bottom to the left and select "Apps & Themes". Select the Google Now Launcher (it's the only one I see). Note: your launcher has not changed and this only uses G Now Launcher to change the wallpapers. Select new wallpaper image from your photos or from whatever G Now offers you by swiping choices to left. After you see the check mark on the image, at the top left, press "Set Wallpaper". A menu will pop up allowing you to select the chosen image for your Home screen, Lock screen, or both. Done.

This worked perfectly for me. Thanks for sharing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol