How to clear Direct Share entries? [Nexus 6P]

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I absolutely LOVE the Direct Share gesture in Marshmallow. It streamlines the sharing experience 500%.

However, is there a way to clear the current time suggestions, or at least remove people that you don't want popping up as suggestions any longer?

Thanks in advance!

Posted via my Nokia 8210 from the inside of a Kitten.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I found that uninstalling the sharing app in question and rebooting the phone will clear it...

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Other than removing one of the apps, there really isn't a way. It'd be nice if Google would let you go in there and customize those targets. But things can get messy if you fuss with them too much. There have been custom ROMs that allow for people to customize those target screens... not sure if there are any for 6.0. The one time I tried a ROM that had that feature, I do remember it completely screwing things up and the share targets list became blank and I reflashed. :)

It'd still be nice if you could add/remove/organize it though.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Also, you don't need to uninstall the app to remove it from the direct share. You can remove just the app permission to access your contacts. Not exactly a handy solution though :)

There are some apps in the Play Store that let you custom your share menu. I haven't use any of them and it seems they are far from perfect. If you want to give it a try this is one of them.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.andmadesoft.share&token=T6kBLzIW

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Also, you don't need to uninstall the app to remove it from the direct share. You can remove just the app permission to access your contacts. Not exactly a handy solution though :)

There are some apps in the Play Store that let you custom your share menu. I haven't use any of them and it seems they are far from perfect. If you want to give it a try this is one of them.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.andmadesoft.share&token=Uc0FgOrp

Oohh, I'll try that now. Thanks!

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.andmadesoft.share&token=VbpNvx8S

Hmm.... The feature that like about stock direct share is that it suggest common contacts within common apps to save you a few steps.... The above app doesn't seem to offer that.... I'll mess with it a bit more...

Thanks again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress