New to Android - simple question (hopefully),can I get some help?

Jason Pathmanathan

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
New to android - simple question (hopefully)

Hi all,

I'm moving from Windows Phone to Android, and bought myself the Nexus 6P

Mostly happy, but one thing really bugging me!! When I'm on a call and on speaker phone, I often press the home button and will begin using other apps. But there is no banner up the top or any indication I'm currently on a call (just a tiny little phone icon in the status bar). And there is no sound or notification saying the call has ended. So say the other person hangs up, there is no obvious visual to indicate the call has ended (and no sound to indicate the call has ended)

Is there a setting or app I can install to have a banner up the top showing me I'm actively on a call?

thanks!

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: New to android - simple question (hopefully)

Hi all,

I'm moving from Windows Phone to Android, and bought myself the Nexus 6P

Mostly happy, but one thing really bugging me!! When I'm on a call and on speaker phone, I often press the home button and will begin using other apps. But there is no banner up the top or any indication I'm currently on a call (just a tiny little phone icon in the status bar). And there is no sound or notification saying the call has ended. So say the other person hangs up, there is no obvious visual to indicate the call has ended (and no sound to indicate the call has ended)

Is there a setting or app I can install to have a banner up the top showing me I'm actively on a call?

thanks!

That's what the phone icon is for. If you want to hang up you have to pull down the notification shade and hit hang up. If the other person hangs up first it'll just disappear.

Posted via the Android Central App