6P - Another random reboot thread, but this time with weather!

Gangrel

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
As I've posted in another thread or two, I have had my 6p for about a month now, on Rogers up here in Canada. I love the phone, aside from one annoying problem....... it's propensity to randomly reboot. I notice this because I have left on the Android OS security feature, only to track the rebooting right now.

It occasionally has rebooted overnight while charging (so, bye bye alarm). It has rebooted just sitting beside me on the sofa or other locations. I don't think it's strictly from Doze though, as Doze doesn't kick in while plugged in, and doesn't it take a while for Doze to start?

Anyway, the reason for this thread is to find out if others have noticed something else..... I'm finding I get frequent reboots in cold weather. In my jacket while walking around, I pull it out only to find it rebooted. Driving in my car, even just this morning listening to spoitfy through Bluetooth, until it just stopped and rebooted.

The highest percentage of reboots is definitely in the car, or when I'm outside in the cold winter.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has had the same issues, or heard of the phone being freakishly cold-intolerant?

Yes, I've done a factory reset (only to have it reboot a day or two later). I have wiped the system cache several times. The only experiment I haven't tried yet is driving around in safe mode, to see if it still happens......

As I mentioned elsewhere, a log that lets a user see what app was running when the reboot occurred would help immensely in tracking down possible problems in that area.........

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anoter random reboot thread, but this time with weather!

I agree with Safe Mode. About how often are the reboots happening? If it's at least once a day, then you just have to keep it on Safe Mode for about 48 hrs to get a good idea.

Gangrel

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anoter random reboot thread, but this time with weather!

Yes, that is the next thing to try, but I don't have a guess as to why sitting for 8 hours at my desk, the thing doesn't reboot, but when I'm on the move, it does?

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
When you have it in your jacket pocket outside, are you using Bluetooth at all? I'm suspecting that something is not playing nice when using Bluetooth or while the phone is moving. ?

Posted via the Android Central App

Gangrel

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I have bluetooth on in the phone, but in my car usually don't have my speaker turned on.

I'll try driving to work in safe mode tomorrow and see what happens. Though something happened tonight when i put the phone in safe mode and tried to use some of the google apps...... Google play services crashed 3 or 4 times. I wonder if that's connected to my problems......

Gangrel

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
So, experiment one..... driving to work in safe mode, attached to Bluetooth in the car. And, random reboot.

I was not running maps or anything, just whatever goes in the background for google now, etc.........

I'll try again on the way home, but I'm confused all to heck.

Hhudda

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Since I've been home I've been running in normal mode and no crashes in 20 hours. Crazy......

How has this been going for you? My 6p reboot strangely only happens when I get into my office in the morning and won't work again until I return home. What's even stranger is the phone never reboots on the weekend but like clockwork on Monday morning it'll reboot. Have contacted Huawei but still trying to find a solution

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Have you wiped the cache partition recently? If not, do that and see if it resolves the issue.

Sent via the Communications Center of the Trigati

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad