I'm sorry Nexus, I cheated on you

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I am the biggest Nexus fan out there and have owned just about every Nexus. I'm huge on stock Android and I am constantly praising stock Android and Nexus devices but I have strayed. A shiny new model caught my eye (was very pretty and curvy) and I just had to have it. After 48 hours of my new shiny, curvy and edgy model, I'm coming home with my tail between my legs already. Using a non-nexus, non-stock device, even for 48 hours, makes me appreciate my 6P more than ever.

Even with this new 2016 device that has a huge battery I felt I still needed to keep tweeking the settings to get more battery out of it. Yes my battery was similar to my 6P but still not as good. Nor was the overall experience as good. It was smooth but not AS smooth. The camera was much better but at what expense? The build was really nice but almost too nice as it's really slippery but to put a case on it ruins it's beauty. The app drawer is what really does me in. I thought I was ready to deal with it all and just disable and uninstall what I could but I can't. I like things clean. I'm the guy that gets a new PC and spends days cleaning out files/uninstalling until the system is stock + what I install. The app drawer in the 6P is beautiful. The app drawer in my new device gives me nightmares.

Then I looked at my tried and true Nexus 6P that I carry without a case without fear of shattering both sides when I drop it (I have protect as well) and I can honestly say I am sorry Nexus! I didn't mean to stray. Please don't leave me, I want you back. I promise I'll break off ties with the new pretty, curvy, and edgy model.

:(

Disclaimer: This post is not intended to start a device vs device war. I just want to declare my love for my Nexus 6P.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Use what you love. I have a Nexus device and it just sits in the dust. If I had the 6p,it would probably be doing the same. Just like it is hard for me to love a Nexus, it is hard for you to love something non-nexus. Nothing wrong with that.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Use what you love. I have a Nexus device and it just sits in the dust. If I had the 6p,it would probably be doing the same. Just like it is hard for me to love a Nexus, it is hard for you to love something non-nexus. Nothing wrong with that.

Which Nexus do you have?

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Haha. I think I know which device you've been cheating with. Whose boots are under your bed??

I'm married to my Nexus, but I will be picking up my mistress next week depending on Verizon. I'm sorry it didn't work out. I hope your 6P has the heart to take you back.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Your s7 edge got delivered early.

I was contemplating getting one but when I saw $800+, I forgot about it real fast.

sickspee 👌

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
No worries. I'm a tech-head. I use whatever device I feel like using with no apologies. I love them all. I'm not married to any of them. LOL.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I am having such a hard time trying not to chuckle in line at the gas station right now.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Not cheating. I have the 6p and did the T-Mobile jump on demand w from my note 5 to the s7 edge.
This really smokes the s6 and even the note.. Battery, camera etc.
I'll end up using the edge for personal and the 6p for my work line.
Equal though different.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney