Nexus 6P - March Security Update (Everything You Need To Know)

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Security update?

Didn't the priv just get a March security update today?

Posted via the Android Central App

It did... so if I was a betting man, I would put money down that the factory images will start getting posted today. Keep in mind that Blackberry only has one phone, one version, to worry about.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

It did... so if I was a betting man, I would put money down that the factory images will start getting posted today. Keep in mind that Blackberry only has one phone, one version, to worry about.

Agreed.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Didn't the priv just get a March security update today?

priv is still on Android L and if google is working on 6.0.2 + march security update that could explain the delay in announcement

+1 I will still bet on 6.0.2

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I read an article that the 5x is getting bug fixes for Bluetooth / WiFi connectivity issues, Carrier specific issues as well as performance improvements along with the March security update.... I wish the same would happen to the 6p......

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well... I need to find the OTA file to take a peek at the contents. Looking at the main build, this does come with a new kernel. New kernels usually mean some improvements somewhere in the lower level functions... battery consumption/performance, etc. Custom kernel devs also pushed out new builds based on the sources, but I haven't heard of what changed yet.

Safe to say, based on the new kernel, that this one is more than just a security update. But more than that, we'll have to wait and see.

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm rooted but on the February update patch of the stock build (MMB29Q). Can I flash the March update without wiping my phone or unrooting it?

Posted via my Nexus 6P on VerLIEzon Wireless but without their shackles.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
FYI, this is more than a security update. Kernel dev types are talking about framework and kernel update aimed for better performance... Battery usage and speed.

Hard to say at this point though. But Francisco Franco has been speaking quite highly of the changes, and I'm one to trust his judgment.

callanish

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
FYI, this is more than a security update. Kernel dev types are talking about framework and kernel update aimed for better performance... Battery usage and speed.

Hard to say at this point though. But Francisco Franco has been speaking quite highly of the changes, and I'm one to trust his judgment.

Wasn't aware of that. Thought it was just going to be a March security fix update for the 6P. As you mentioned, looks like more is going on than just a bug fix. Francisco mentions some exciting updates coming to the 6P on his blog that I've only just came across.

https://plus.google.com/+FranciscoFranco1990

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke