From turbo 2 to 6p

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I came from the original Droid Turbo, and am thrilled with the 6p.

Although my Turbo didn't have any issues - it was still snappy, battery life is great etc - I really wanted a more premium looking and feeling phone, along with wanting to get back to the Nexus line for timely updates. I also wanted a bigger screen.

My Turbo from a build standpoint also bothered me because the back would make a clicking sound.

The screen on the 6p is more beautiful - despite the PPI being slightly lower - and the experience is so smooth and enjoyable, that there was no comparison in my mind.

So, technically, my Turbo didn't have any issues, but the appeal of returning to Nexus, a much more quality build and feel, far better speakers, superior camera (despite the Turbo having higher MP), faster updates and security patches, and lack of carrier bloatware and the "physical" buttons on the Turbo, the Nexus 6p was a clear choice and the best phone I've owned (and I change phones annually). I can see still having it for 2 years, especially since I paid full price for it versus buying a subsidised phone through Verizon.

I consider myself a power user, and the 6p easily handles everything I throw at it, zero lag.

Posted via the AC App on my Nexus 6p

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I came from the original Droid Turbo, and am thrilled with the 6p.

Although my Turbo didn't have any issues - it was still snappy, battery life is great etc - I really wanted a more premium looking and feeling phone, along with wanting to get back to the Nexus line for timely updates. I also wanted a bigger screen.

My Turbo from a build standpoint also bothered me because the back would make a clicking sound.

The screen on the 6p is more beautiful - despite the PPI being slightly lower - and the experience is so smooth and enjoyable, that there was no comparison in my mind.

So, technically, my Turbo didn't have any issues, but the appeal of returning to Nexus, a much more quality build and feel, far better speakers, superior camera (despite the Turbo having higher MP), faster updates and security patches, and lack of carrier bloatware and the "physical" buttons on the Turbo, the Nexus 6p was a clear choice and the best phone I've owned (and I change phones annually). I can see still having it for 2 years, especially since I paid full price for it versus buying a subsidised phone through Verizon.

I consider myself a power user, and the 6p easily handles everything I throw at it, zero lag.

Posted via the AC App on my Nexus 6p

My Turbo, which was Ballistic Nylon, had no crunching sounds in the backing. However, I do know what you're referring to as I heard it in the store models. It was the glue giving way but I believe they fixed this. My Turbo felt premium.

My sister did get a Turbo 2 which I love. I could have gotten one but at retail of around $624 compared to $500 for a Nexus 6P, it was a no brainer. No regrets here, threw a Spigen Rugged Armor case for minor protection and a MIME Glass for display protection and I'm extremely happy. Best phone I've ever had, although Motorola is almost identical in software. I don't foresee me switching from Nexus anytime soon but if I do it'll be back to Moto.

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I also switched to a 6p from a Turbo 2 (got sick of the Verizon update BS) although I still keep it as a backup because it's still a great phone.

No regrets. I already thought the T2 was fast, but the 6p is noticeably faster and smoother. The screen is much better, the camera makes the T2's camera look like a joke even in well lit photos, and you're free of Verizon's bloatware. You also aren't missing features from stock Android that Verizon removed such as multiple user accounts. The drive firing speakers are AWESOME. As for the fingerprint sensor, it works well and is a nice luxury. Also, the screen doesn't scratch like a mofo like the plastic shatterproof screen on the T2 does. The timely updates are a godsend too, making the 6p more future proof than any other Android phone.

Battery life was a bit worse than the T2 (4-4.5hrs SOT over a day). Once I rooted my phone and installed the Franco kernel (still on the stock rom) I've been averaging over an hour more SOT on the same usage, better than the T2. This is with everything turned on, location set to high accuracy, and the screen on 40% auto brightness. Rooting also let me customize my 6p way more than I could with the T2, which was very fun.

I do miss the smaller size of the T2 a bit, but the 6p is still usable one handed (barely) for me and it still fits in my pocket so I got used to it quickly. You also need to baby the 6p a but more as it's not shatterproof and feels a bit more fragile than the T2, but I baby all my phones anyway so that wasn't an issue. Got a nice case and a tempered glass screen protector and the phone feels sufficiently protected.

I recommend switching. It gives an immensely more pure and satisfying experience than any carrier carrier phone can muster.

Posted via my Nexus 6P on VerLIEzon Wireless but without their shackles.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers