How's the Build Quality Holding Up?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I am in no way bashing the phone. I'm debating between it and the S7 edge right now. Now that the March update seems to have fixed my previous issues with the 6P and because it's $50 off now, I'm really leaning towards the 6P.

However, I want to know how it's been holding up for the long time users? Scratches? Especially on the Graphite version. Bends? Bulges? Etc. There's a huge bending thread on XDA that's worrying me. So I wanted to see what the Android Central faithful had to say about it.

Thanks!

mikefour77

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I have the graphite version and got it at Thanksgiving 2015. Other than two dings on the bezel (my own fault), there are no scratches or other issues.

Great phone, in my opinion. Good luck.

Posted via the Android Central App

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the aluminum version, one or two very minor light dings on the bottom of the phone from just normal wear and tear. Pretty durable with no case, no drops just a D brand skin. Great build quality.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
No problems, it's as good as new (bought it on day two when it came out). However I have a clear TPU skin on mine so there is no possibility of a getting a scratch on the body.

kuykendallc

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I have graphite and some of the anodizing is rubbing off on the back from being in my pocket. I carry naked and this doesn't bother me at all, but thought I would let you know that I do have some degradation of the anodization.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like maybe the thread on XDA is blown out of proportion. People on there were pretty much adamant that yours will bend no matter what. It's just a matter of time. Which has scared me off a bit. Thanks for the replies so far!

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like maybe the thread on XDA is blown out of proportion. People on there were pretty much adamant that yours will bend no matter what. It's just a matter of time. Which has scared me off a bit. Thanks for the replies so far!
Yeah XDA can be like that sometimes.

cbrines

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
My 6P that I've had since November started losing its graphite finish along the backside corners. Other than that, it's fine.

cane prevost1

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Mine has had a tiny wobble since day 1. Never bothered me enough to do anything about it. It's very minute and has 0 effect on the phone in any way. Other than that it's pristine in every way.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I've heard that the bottom portion of the rear sometimes isn't flush. How big of a "thing" is this?

Posted via the Android Central App

It's a thin piece of plastic/vinyl attached with adhesive. Look at the iFixit teardown. I could see there being some inconsistencies with it. That said, mine is fine.

Mine has had a tiny wobble since day 1. Never bothered me enough to do anything about it. It's very minute and has 0 effect on the phone in any way. Other than that it's pristine in every way.

Mine also has a slight wobble when it's on a flat surface, not a huge concern to me.

Overall, the build quality is pretty darn good.

cbrines

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Naked. Never dropped or abused, it literally looks like the finish was rubbing off from inserting/removing the phone from my pocket.