How's the Build Quality Holding Up?

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Drop it on the sides and it is very weak and will make a small dent. But driopping on the front or back, i havent seen scratches or dents, just sides.

Posted via the Android Central App

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Had mine about a month now,using as a daily driver in cold/wet conditions at work,no problems at all,very well made.

Pirate Arr

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Still looks new. With an iCarez Tempered Glass and a Spigen Armor case the phone is perfectly covered and secured and there has been no scuffs, or smudges anywhere

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine since launch and for a majority of that time I've been using it without a case. Phone still looks to be in near mint condition. It's held up very well.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I definitely appreciate all of the responses. Looks to me like the bending in the XDA thread is absolutely overblown. I would be putting a skin on it and putting in a case - because I'm anal like that. So it sounds like it will hold up well. Now if this March update definitely fixed the AT&T LTE bug, this is looking like a good phone. I've nixed the idea of the S7/S7 edge. Just don't want to deal with lack of updates. I'm now down to debating between this phone and my 6s Plus. I prefer the Android ecosystem, but LOVE the stability and smoothness of my iPhone. Plus iMessage absolutely has its benefits when 98% of your friends and family are on iOS.

D A M N you choices!!

silverhwk89

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
So I have had the 6P since February of this year. It has been in a case ever since I picked it out of the box. I have never even dropped it and this past weekend I see a bump on the case so I remove the case to inspect the phone and there are 2 outward bends 1 over the power button and 1 over the volume up button. So I did what everyone does, I Googled it and reached this post. After reading a little bit of it I called Huawei customer support. After about 45 minutes of going back and forth with the supervisor, they will not admit that its a defect on their end. My phone is in PRISTINE condition. I mean not a ding or a scratch, not even on my screen protector. I am very careful with my unit and Huawei is not even ready to stand by their product. It could have been because the phone gets hot and the aluminum strip is so thin that it can bend. I use my phone very heavily and it can get hot sometimes.

I was very skeptical on going with a phone made by Huawei and waited for a while to make sure the reviews were on point prior to making my move, yet I get hit with this issue. Huawei knows that they have replaced phones for customers with the same issue as mine, yet they are pulling a double standard on my issue and not helping me.

The only thing I was able to do was to send the pictures and present my case to the supervisor and he is supposed to take it up the chain of command. I am not holding my breath about this but lets see what happens. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do. I have attached pictures on this post to show you guys what happened.

I really hope someone has some insight in this issue. Really ticked off at the corporation and feel helpless!

Attachments

• IMG_8220.jpg
    IMG_8220.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_8221.jpg
    IMG_8221.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8222.jpg
    IMG_8222.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_8223.jpg
    IMG_8223.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8227.jpg
    IMG_8227.jpg
    654.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_8228.jpg
    IMG_8228.jpg
    478 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_8219.jpg
    IMG_8219.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_8212.jpg
    IMG_8212.jpg
    422.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_8216.jpg
    IMG_8216.jpg
    421.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_8215.jpg
    IMG_8215.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_8214.jpg
    IMG_8214.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 48

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Those bend issues are exactly what I'm talking about. That's what is plastered all over XDA. Sure, it might not be to the extent that XDA makes it out to be - but it is still worrisome when people claim they didn't do anything to their phone and they get these insane bends. Then you get stuck with it?

silverhwk89

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Those bend issues are exactly what I'm talking about. That's what is plastered all over XDA. Sure, it might not be to the extent that XDA makes it out to be - but it is still worrisome when people claim they didn't do anything to their phone and they get these insane bends. Then you get stuck with it?

Well I am fighting them on this and won't stop! the last case scenario would be to go grab a casing from eBay which I do not want to do but hoping Huawei will come to their senses...its ridiculous!

mmaged2287

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
That doesn't look good. Where did you buy it? If it was purchased from the google store, they will replace any phones with manufacture defects. This would be a brand new replacement. There's no charge, but theres an authorization hold of the actual retail price of the product. Once they receive the defective item, they will remove the hold. Call or live chat(web) with google store. This should work.

silverhwk89

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't look good. Where did you buy it? If it was purchased from the google store, they will replace any phones with manufacture defects. This would be a brand new replacement. There's no charge, but theres an authorization hold of the actual retail price of the product. Once they receive the defective item, they will remove the hold. Call or live chat(web) with google store. This should work.

So I had no choice but to get it from Best Buy. I will be trying Geek Squad Live Chat anyways - just incase

silverhwk89

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Which case were you using with it? Just curious if the case could have contributed somehow.

I'm using the following.

MoKo Nexus 6P Case - [Anti Drop] Halo Series Hybrid Cover with TPU + Clear PC Back Panel Bumper Cover for Huawei Google Nexus 6P 5.7 Inch 2015 Smartphone, Crystal Clear

It's light and doesn't interact with the crevasse at all

jbergsing

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I keep mine in the "official" case from Google and it's doing a great job! And I always keep mine in a front pocket so this whole bending thing is just a myth to me.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've seen instances where people caused bends in the frame when removing it from a tight fitting case... They were catching the lip of the frame and prying it away from the body, rather than the case's frame.

Saturn1217

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've had my aluminum 6p since the end of Oct, mostly in very minimal cases (because I hate cases but this phone is slippery)

I have dropped the phone (inside on hardwood floors) 3 times so far.

So far my 6p still looks brand new as far as I can tell. The chamfered edges have held up well. If my phone is bent it is so slight I can't tell.

In particular I use a hard case that requires a considerable amount of force to remove. I have been very worried that removing the case would cause me to bend my phone (it is REALLY HARD to remove). But so far the phone still lies flat on a table and absolutely no warping around the buttons so I think I'm good.

I would say go for it. This phone is amazing.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I've had the aluminum 6p since Oct, use it without a case. Probably have dropped it a couple of times on a hardwood floor. Have a few small indentations on the edges but nothing significant. The back and fronts are brand new. I did however have an issue with the screen. It all of a sudden became completely washed out looking. Google was very easy and prompt in sending out a replacement.

mmaged2287

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Silverhwk89, I would still contact Google. As long as they identify an IEM, they should provide their service. The live-chat only takes a few minutes. While they don't cover accidental, they will cover physical damage if the problem is in fact a manufacturer defect. Hope this helps.

silverhwk89

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Silverhwk89, I would still contact Google. As long as they identify an IEM, they should provide their service. The live-chat only takes a few minutes. While they don't cover accidental, they will cover physical damage if the problem is in fact a manufacturer defect. Hope this helps.

I actually did try that yesterday. They said since I did not purchase it from them they cannot help me. The guy asked his supervisors as well. I will be contacting Huawei once more to see what the status is, but lets see...Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall