Will an Indian Nexus 6P work with US carriers (4G LTE)?

A

AC Question

Will an Indian Nexus 6P work with US carriers (4G LTE)

I have a Nexus 6P which I purchased in India, but I will be taking it with me when I shift to the USA later this year. Do I have to worry about compatibility issues with US carriers as their 4G LTE and 3G bands seem to vary. Thanks in advance.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Will an Indian Nexus 6P work with US carriers (4G LTE)

It looks as though you need to be selective with which carrier you use but there looks to be a wide choice. Check out Willmyphonework.net

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
The carriers in the US are AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint, all of the others that are shown on the willmyphonework.net are virtual carriers that use one of the four real carriers so don't check them. To be helpful I checked for you and only AT&T is fully supported, the others are only partially supported by your phone. AT&T and Verizon have the best coverage in the US so AT&T would be a fine choice.

GreatCanadian

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The carriers in the US are AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint, all of the others that are shown on the willmyphonework.net are virtual carriers that use one of the four real carriers so don't check them. To be helpful I checked for you and only AT&T is fully supported, the others are only partially supported by your phone. AT&T and Verizon have the best coverage in the US so AT&T would be a fine choice.

Now THAT'S how you help a fellow poster! Well done sir!