Mysterious break around power button ????

NFOM

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys looking for some advice

My Nexus 6p is less than 3 months old & I've noticed a bump on the edge in front of the power button, I initially pushed it back in and forgot about it but then today it's back! Anybody else experiencing this???

Also bought a snap on phone case took it off today to use a spiegen case and it kind of made the phone come apart just along the side were the power button is, I didn't notice until I tried to turn it back on & the button was stiff. I then realised and pushed it together which it made a snapping shut noise.

Surely this shouldn't be happening?
(Hope this makes sense)

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys looking for some advice

My Nexus 6p is less than 3 months old & I've noticed a bump on the edge in front of the power button, I initially pushed it back in and forgot about it but then today it's back! Anybody else experiencing this???

Also bought a snap on phone case took it off today to use a spiegen case and it kind of made the phone come apart just along the side were the power button is, I didn't notice until I tried to turn it back on & the button was stiff. I then realised and pushed it together which it made a snapping shut noise.

Surely this shouldn't be happening?
(Hope this makes sense)

Pics ? I saw another thread with someone having a similar problem.

*6P 64gb Graphite (AT&T)*
*iPad Air 2 64gb Space Gray (AT&T)*

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The frame around the buttons is weaker than the rest of the chassis... There is less metal. I have seen instances where people are catching the frame when they are removing their case, putting stress on and bending the frame in exactly those points. And once aluminum bends, it gets brittle and prone to cracking.

CobaltDragon

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Pretty normal for this phone when even a very small amount of stress is exerted on it. I RMA'd one for the same exact thing, as have many others.