Call Recorder App that Works with Bluetooth?

Richard Feynman

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I've tried a number of call recorder apps on the 6P but can't find any that work with my bluetooth ear piece. Has anyone had any luck on this front?

Thanks

jbergsing

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Man you're right. I can't find one that works with Bluetooth either. That's too bad. This would have been convenient in my line of work.

Richard Feynman

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
It must presents some type of problem on the 6P. None of the phone recording apps do it. On the other hand I found this app, and it records over bluetooth perfectly for dictation, but the moment you attempt to make a dictation when on a call the app crashes. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.kasitskyi.voicerecorder&token=ay06C7IX

Like you I need it for work, but I talk exclusively on bluetooth. In fact, I don't know how most people can even stand holding a cell phone to their face for anything longer than a 60-second conversation, it's so last century :).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's a problem with Android. Almost no call recording app records both sides of the conversation and allows you to use the phone normally (hear the conversation through the phone AND record it). IIRC, it's due to the way Android's phone APIs are written. A few of them work with a few phones, but there's no universally - or even almost universally - usable call recording app. (I've only tried about 50 of them over the years - never found one that really works.)

Richard Feynman

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Rukbat, I agree that there are no universal apps due to the challenges you mention, however I have found call recorders that would work with each of the phones I've had - just not with bluetooth.

Richard Feynman

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Its called AmazingAudio. Yes it works. I have it on my 6P.

Can you tell me what settings you used to get it to work with bluetooth? Because I'm having the same issue as all the other ones I've tried, it will only record my voice on bluetooth, not the other parties.

Thanks

Richard Feynman

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
For anyone else interested in this subject, I determined that this is simply not possible with the Nexus 6P UNLESS it's rooted. Without rooting, it won't work even without bluetooth, the volume of other party can barely be heard. And with bluetooth, the other party does not record at all. This one works both with and without bluetooth but rooting is required.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.boldbeast.recorder&hl=en&token=GyCEtTzn

dcfogle

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
For anyone else interested in this subject, I determined that this is simply not possible with the Nexus 6P UNLESS it's rooted. Without rooting, it won't work even without bluetooth, the volume of other party can barely be heard. And with bluetooth, the other party does not record at all. This one works both with and without bluetooth but rooting is required.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.boldbeast.recorder&hl=en&token=z5itnovi

How do you root it to make it work with a Bluetooth headset?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Google is your friend.
If you don't want to do it manually you can try Nexus Root Toolkit - again, just Google it.

David Rowland

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for suggesting that ACR app, works perfectly on my V20 recording calls automatically on my bluetooth headset.
Just what I was looking for, great app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae