Nexus 6p upgrade?

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Rumor has it an updated version of the 6p could be coming out. Processor upgrade, soc 820 instead of the 810, 4gb ram instead of 3gb. I hope it's true.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Rumor has it that an incredibly hot woman is going to approach me later today and we are going to live a sex-filled life, happily ever after.

I hope she is a brunette...

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I hope this rumor is true. If HTC makes the next nexii, and they are the screen sizes rumored, (5.5 and 5.2 respectively) I'm going to have to pass. 5.7 was the lowest I would go. Hopefully this refreshed phone would have a 6" screen. That would be nice!

Posted via the Android Central App

mat2514

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
do you guys think there is a chance a new nexus 6p could come out within weeks. only got my nexus 4 days ago but might take it back within 14 days

Last edited:

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Nope. 100 percent no. Google only releases a new nexus every september or around there, google probably just got done with the prototype and are now getting close to manufacturing or already are, but they will release the new nexus devices when google io comes or around there

Posted via the Android Central App

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
No way. It's the new one. No way has any manufacture released a phone and released an updated version a few months later. And I don't mean LG G3 to G4 but like a G3.5, or 6.5P or 5.5X and so on.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I would not mind HTC making the next nexues. Will not mind 5.5 size screen either. Let's mix it up a bit. Try something different, it's good for you ;)

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
do you guys think there is a chance a new nexus 6p could come out within weeks. only got my nexus 4 days ago but might take it back within 14 days

Google secretive, but the Google I/O conference is later this month so there's always a chance they announce something then. I'd be fine with them announcing an upgraded version of the 6p.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Rumor has it that an incredibly hot woman is going to approach me later today and we are going to live a sex-filled life, happily ever after.

I hope she is a brunette...

Well, yesterday has passed and she never showed up.

So much for rumors...

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
No way. It's the new one. No way has any manufacture released a phone and released an updated version a few months later. And I don't mean LG G3 to G4 but like a G3.5, or 6.5P or 5.5X and so on.

Actually, Google did release a slightly improved version of the Nexus 4 a few months after the initial release, but these were relatively minor changes; nothing so involved as a new processor. See Confirmed: Nexus 4 shipping with updated design | Android Central

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Google secretive, but the Google I/O conference is later this month so there's always a chance they announce something then. I'd be fine with them announcing an upgraded version of the 6p.

I/O is a couple of weeks away... if there was a device drop pending, we would have heard about it. A leak, a render, some blurry picture taken in the bathroom some unknown Chinese phone fabrication facility, etc. No one can sneak a phone by anyone anymore... too many people sniffing about.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I/O is a couple of weeks away... if there was a device drop pending, we would have heard about it. A leak, a render, some blurry picture taken in the bathroom some unknown Chinese phone fabrication facility, etc. No one can sneak a phone by anyone anymore... too many people sniffing about.

I am starting to believe the Nexus may be released a little earlier this year, but by that I mean September. It seems like we don't have solid rumors about who is building the phone, in most years, until June or July, but we've already had fairly strong rumors of HTC, as well as a phone code names "marlin" and "sailfish." With these rumors coming out roughly two-three months early, that helps support the idea the phone will release early.

The other piece of evidence is that Android N, based on the preview schedule, looks to be released in the August/September time frame, as the last monthly preview build (Build 5) is due to be released in July with Android N being released in Q3.

OTOH, Marshmallow was "released" in Q3 (though the builds not posted until Oct. 5) and the Nexus phones still weren't available until the end of October.

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site

That totally makes sense. I might have read someone suggesting I/O to announce an upgraded 6p but I really don't know if there was any truth to it. I thought a 6p announcement would be great because it gives people something till the new Nexus 2016.

Sammytheorangutan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
With all due respect guys, there's nothing wrong with the 6P. Best phone I've ever had. Why is everyone in such a rush to get "the latest thing"? Enjoy what you have for a while.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
With all due respect guys, there's nothing wrong with the 6P. Best phone I've ever had. Why is everyone in such a rush to get "the latest thing"? Enjoy what you have for a while.

This....

I think this is a tech hangover. It wasn't that long ago that even a 'half' generation saw big improvements... like the old saying "If it's in stores, it's already obsolete". That just isn't the case any more. I agree with you 100% that the 6P still compares favorably with any of the phone we saw this spring, and it'll be on more even ground with the phones we will see this fall than in any previous generation. Plus, there is still plenty of SD810 FUD floating about... a lot of people outright dismiss the 6P because of an outdated view of the SD810.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante