Lost Most Notification Sounds

Richard Feynman

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
It started weeks ago so I don't remember if it coincided with a change or not. The notification light flashes for the default text messages, but no sound. Same thing with my Outlook email app.

I've tried changing sounds, and also rebooting. I've looked in the individual app permissions to see if there was anything there, but nothing.

The phone does still ring, and the gmail app also still gives notifications.

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing with Hangouts. I get a notification LED flash, but the tone doesn't sound, even though I have it set to sound. If I go to the Hangouts notification settings and select a tone, it will play a sample, but it just doesn't play when I actually get a message. It works again after a reboot, but then at some point the tone disappears again. Not sure what's going on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Still happening to me intermittently, although less frequently than before. Hard to say if something I installed might be the problem, but at this point, it doesn't happen enough for me to investigate too deeply. Anyone else with the same issue?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
When's the last time you replaced the battery in your hearing aid?
Sorry, that was too good to pass up.

Are you running the Android N beta or on the official Marshmallow?
Does it only happen with Hangouts or other apps as well?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Huh? Wha? When was the last time I spaced the fat tree in my earring bay?:confused:

Running official 6.0.1. I can't recall if it happens with other notifications (because, you know, my memory is ... uh ... what was I talking about? Oh yes--I'd like oatmeal and an orange juice, thank you).:p

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, I won't be much help then - I have Hangouts disabled, but could turn it on; unfortunately I'm running the Android N beta, so any information would probably be useless.