Can't remove frequently called numbers

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
When I open my phone app and go to favourites theatre are some contacts present that would be frequent. I can usually remove them by selecting them and dragging then to towards the top bar to remove them. This is no longer happening. Instead they are just put to the top of the frequently called list.
Anyone else having this problem, or have a solution?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
When I open the dialer, there is a search bar at the very top, then an icon bar with Favorites (star), History (clock), Contacts, and Voicemail.

After selecting Favorites, if I long-press one of the contacts which is showing, the icon bar described above changes to "Remove" and if I drag that contact and drop it on Remove, it does just that.

Are you seeing something different?

Nexus 6P with the stock dialer.

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
When I open the dialer, there is a search bar at the very top, then an icon bar with Favorites (star), History (clock), Contacts, and Voicemail.

After selecting Favorites, if I long-press one of the contacts which is showing, the icon bar described above changes to "Remove" and if I drag that contact and drop it on Remove, it does just that.

Are you seeing something different?

Nexus 6P with the stock dialer.

^ This. Same thing happens to me. You have to click the the three dots on the top right and select "clear frequents" but this also removes any email addresses you've sent emails to (that you don't have saved in your address book) from auto populating.

Posted via the Android Central App

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Something changed in one of the phone updates in the last few weeks as I used to be able to drag a "favorite" or "recent" person up to remove it from the grid. I really wish Google would quit doing that. But now the remove function doesn't work, although I did just get another update yesterday so I should check to see if they fixed it as I submitted feedback the first day.

***edited - of course, now it works fine. Check to see if you have any updates for the phone app waiting to be downloaded.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad