Is It too late to get a Nexus 6P?

dchandler

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
With the Nexus 6p being out for over 8 months and Google I/O approaching us soon do you think Its to late to order a new Nexus 6P?

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
They're still selling it at the Google Store so I don't think it will be discontinued very soon. It's a great device!

dchandler

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I have been thinking about picking one up for some months now and I finally decided to order one. I just dont want to order it and a new Nexus be reveled.

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Get it.... If you're always trying to keep up with the latest and greatest, you won't be able to, unless you buy a new phone almost every year. I tend to keep phones about 2 years or so. My last phone I kept almost three years (LG Optimus G Pro) and it was still working okay, just a little slower and I actually have it as a backup. I see myself keeping the 6P for at least 2 years. This is my $0.02

*6P 64 gb Graphite (AT&T)*
*iPad Air 2 64 gb Space Gray (AT&T)*

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Google doesn't release phones at Google IO. It's a safe buy, but at this point, I'd wait for the next iteration

dchandler

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
This is what I was thinking, But I think Im still going to go ahead and buy it. I have been using iOS for the past couple of years and want to start using android again.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
They won't release the next Nexus phones until the fall most likely. They never release them at Google I/O.

66SMASHerG25

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Get the 6p. This is my first Nexus device and it definitely makes me enjoy Android much more than IOS. I can't put my phone down now lol.

Posted via the Android Central App

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I honestly would wait unit the next Nexus for sure. Unless you want a big phone, then get 6P now. I think google might be brining screen size down to 5.5 inches. I have 6p now and will be buying what ever comes out next. Have done it every year and will keep doing it just because life is too short not to ;)

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I honestly would wait unit the next Nexus for sure. Unless you want a big phone, then get 6P now. I think google might be brining screen size down to 5.5 inches. I have 6p now and will be buying what ever comes out next. Have done it every year and will keep doing it just because life is too short not to ;)
2/10 of an inch smaller screen size is incentive to wait when the phone is a great phone now?

Casperswift

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
With the Nexus 6p being out for over 8 months and Google I/O approaching us soon do you think Its to late to order a new Nexus 6P?

Never too late in never been as happy with a phone as I have with my 64gb silver Nexus 6p, it's always fast snappy and ready to go....

Last edited by a moderator:

Ha P McBroom

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi I've had both the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 6P and I enjoyed both immensely but I GI d I enjoy the speed of the 6P slightly more. Both are good in my honest biased opinion.

Posted via the Android Central App

berj79

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi Guys,
I m about to buy my first Android phone, i have been on iOS since years & finally decided to move to the other side :)
i want to know if buying the nexus 6p is safe & google won't announce another handset in the google I/O ?
the 6p has been in the market since 7/8 months so i guess they won't launch another phone till fall? any idea when is the I/O event starting & when it will finish?

Thanks.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi Guys,
I m about to buy my first Android phone, i have been on iOS since years & finally decided to move to the other side :)
i want to know if buying the nexus 6p is safe & google won't announce another handset in the google I/O ?
the 6p has been in the market since 7/8 months so i guess they won't launch another phone till fall? any idea when is the I/O event starting & when it will finish?

Thanks.

Google I/O starts today. I guess you make your switch today? ;)

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't matter what Google does or doesn't reveal at their conference. It doesn't matter if a new phone comes out with a better CPU, more RAM, better battery, etc. That doesn't matter. Because it doesn't change the fact that the 6P is still an amazing phone, regardless of what comes after it. The phone works phenomenally well and established the Nexus line as a legitimate competitor among flagship phones. There's nothing that a new phone will do which you absolutely need that the 6P can't also do.

But I don't need to sell you on the phone if you've been looking into it for months. If you want to wait til October or so for a new phone, go for it. I'm sure the next Nexus device(s) will be incredible. But a better phone coming out does not diminish this phone whatsoever, and you shouldn't be afraid to buy something just because something better will come out a little bit down the line.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12