Best Charging Practices for 6P?

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
If you are charging your phone overnight, if you wake up in the middle of the night and it's sitting on a charge, unplug it. If it's sitting on a charge for a little while, I don't think it's that bad; but don't make a habit of it being plugged in for too long. At least batteries have come so far as to know to stop charging nowadays, so as long as you unplug and be sure to not leave it plugged in for eight hours, etc, that is good. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Batteries haven't had the overcharging problem in a long long time. The phone controls the charging, when it's done charging it stops. It's that simple. Plug this thing in whenever you feel like you need to.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Batteries haven't had the overcharging problem in a long long time. The phone controls the charging, when it's done

It's not a matter of overcharging..i.e. charging the battery to too high a voltage. It's a matter of putting the cells under stress as they go through a bunch of small charge cycles while at peak charge. When you leave a fully charged phone on a charger, it bounces up against that peak voltage, over and over. LiPO batteries don't like that all that much.

Now, it's not like chucking the battery into a fire or hitting it with a hammer, but it still shortens the lifespan of the battery.

VigneshB

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
There are lot of articles over the internet regarding this topic. Some of them contradict. but, the general consensus seems to be -
1. Modern day lithium ion batteries do not suffer from the memory effect. So, no need to completely discharge and charge it to 100% time and again.
2. 0% and 100% are the values that these batteries don't like much. But, the tendency of people to change phone quite often negates that point more often than not.
3. Heat is one of the greatest enemy.
4. Somewhere around 40% and 80% charge will give you the longest life.

Personally, I charge my phone daily morning while I get ready for the day for around 35 - 45 minutes. The battery level is usually around 30 - 40% at that time. And while unplugging, it would be around 80 - 90%. I don't fret a lot if the values are less or more. I've been following this for past couple of years and I am yet to face battery degradation( On my previous devices, I used to charge for around an hour or more). And I use a device for approximately 2 years.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
It's not a matter of overcharging..i.e. charging the battery to too high a voltage. It's a matter of putting the cells under stress as they go through a bunch of small charge cycles while at peak charge. When you leave a fully charged phone on a charger, it bounces up against that peak voltage, over and over. LiPO batteries don't like that all that much.

Now, it's not like chucking the battery into a fire or hitting it with a hammer, but it still shortens the lifespan of the battery.

like I said, I wouldn't over think it. Just charge it. I'm sure the charging circuit takes care of all that stuff.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463