Still recommended?

ChrisP1234

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
It's upgrade time and it couldn't have come soon enough. Galaxy S5 has been irritating me for some time.

While I was tempted by the HTC 10, the Nexus 6p is the front runner. I am conscious new Nexus devices will be arriving in the not to distant future, along with the note 6 but I am too impatient to wait. There's also some decent deals to be had with the handset being a bit older.

As experienced 6p owners, if you were in my shoes, would you get it (again)?

All opinions appreciated.

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I'd buy it again but I just bought mine a few weeks ago. It's an awesome device. And I'm enjoying the Android N beta.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
An easy yes.I`ve had my 6P around 5 months now and it is still as fast and fluid as the day I bought it.If mine became damaged beyond repair I would,without doubt ,get the 6P again...it`s a brilliant device.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Just got mine 6 days ago and absolutely love this device, couldn't be happier. Highly recommended.

Posted via the Android Central App

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I have had mine since lunch. Love it but no I would not buy it now. We are 3 months away from the next Nexus. You might as well wait to see what's coming out. 6p will only get cheaper and you will still be able to buy it.

poocho_poocho

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
i never thought android could be so smooth and fluid till i got rid of my note 5 bought a nexus 6p 3 months ago. having said so, if you dont need the phone urgently, i think you should wait for the new nexus.

ChrisP1234

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Waiting is the sensible thing to do. I'm far to impatient though. Plus if my 16gb S5 tells me I've not got enough space to download an app one more time, I'm likely to throw it out of the nearest window.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Why do you want a 6P? Perhaps you could start by listing the reasons why this is the right phone for you. In my case there were a couple of specific things I was looking for:

1. I wanted a carrier agnostic phone - I had been tied to Verizon for a long time, and of course any phone that I got thru them was pretty much stuck on their network. I wanted the choice to go to any carrier that I pleased without losing the $$$ associated with whichever device I purchased.
2. I thought I'd like to give Google Fi a shot - it sounded like an interesting concept, and might save me $ in the long run.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Waiting is the sensible thing to do. I'm far to impatient though. Plus if my 16gb S5 tells me I've not got enough space to download an app one more time, I'm likely to throw it out of the nearest window.

Does the S5 support an sd card?

I agree with the pack saying if you can wait, then wait. I was in urgent need of a phone so I went ahead with the 6P, no regrets. However my plan was to wait out the announcement of Nexus 2016 to make a proper judgement call.

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Grabbed another today just because. Can't beat $80 off at BB!

ChrisP1234

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Why do you want a 6P? Perhaps you could start by listing the reasons why this is the right phone for you. In my case there were a couple of specific things I was looking for:

1. I wanted a carrier agnostic phone - I had been tied to Verizon for a long time, and of course any phone that I got thru them was pretty much stuck on their network. I wanted the choice to go to any carrier that I pleased without losing the $$$ associated with whichever device I purchased.
2. I thought I'd like to give Google Fi a shot - it sounded like an interesting concept, and might save me $ in the long run.

1. Bloatware free, pure Android OS.
2. Good astetics.
3. Good screen size and quality.
4. Good battery life.
5. Front facing speaker.
6. Hardware more than. sufficient for my needs.
7. Decent price.

Ticks a lot of boxes overall.

VigneshB

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
Been using this device since January. It has been my best Android experience ever. If I were in your shoes, would I buy it? Absolutely yes. All its advantages have already been mentioned, so I won't be repeating them again.
Playing the waiting game in technology is futile. You'll always find newer(better?) devices down the line. My personal opinion is to go with the best that is available as of now.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Even if there were a slightly improved version available towards the end of this year, the 6P would still have a good retained value to sell on to buy the new model. Personally, I can't think of any improvements that would push me into changing my Super 6P, it just ticks all the boxes, not only that, we'll get Android N as soon as its available and not have to wait 6 months or more if you had a carrier based phone👍

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Grabbed another today just because. Can't beat $80 off at BB!

Bought mine last week from Best Buy at full price. Went back last night to get my $80. I was happy before. Now I'm really happy. You just can't beat the value at this price.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
1. Bloatware free, pure Android OS.
2. Good astetics.
3. Good screen size and quality.
4. Good battery life.
5. Front facing speaker.
6. Hardware more than. sufficient for my needs.
7. Decent price.
1. Same could be said of the Nexus 5, Nexus 6 or Nexus 5X
2. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
3. The overall size was bigger than I would have preferred; I prefer the size of the Nexus 5X, but it was underpowered
4. Except for the crappy Galaxy S6 I think most phones these days have adequate battery life; I could stretch my Galaxy S3 to 4 hours of SOT in a pinch
5. The speakers do sound nice
6. No argument there
7. Can't find fault with the price either; I ended up financing through Google Fi