Factory reset and now Bluetooth in car is all wonky!

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I factory reset my 6P last week and loaded most of my apps back up. Since then, my Bluetooth connection to my car has gone whacky. It connects for about 30 seconds, disconnects, connects, disconnects... etc. etc. I can't figure out what's different.

It actually worked before and I have a 2010 VW.

I have tried forgetting the car and reconnecting it multiple times. Tonight, I even restored my car's phone settings to default which as far as I can tell, just erased all of my quick dial numbers.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I can try?

ziggster

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I (and others) am having the same problem with my s6 (there is a thread in the s6 forum.) Wiping the cache is the only thing that seems to help me, and that is only temporary.

As far as the s6's go, this started with the Marshmallow update.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
As far as the s6's go, this started with the Marshmallow update.

It just makes no sense. The Nexus 6P came with Marshmallow out of the box. The only thing I can think of is the last monthly update did something... maybe....

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
It just makes no sense. The Nexus 6P came with Marshmallow out of the box. The only thing I can think of is the last monthly update did something... maybe....

Did you try clearing the cache and doing a clear cache in the system settings? My Bluetooth for the most part is fine, but once in awhile it just suddenly drops connection in the car, but then will reconnect in about a minute by itself.

Posted via the Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Did you try clearing the cache and doing a clear cache in the system settings? My Bluetooth for the most part is fine, but once in awhile it just suddenly drops connection in the car, but then will reconnect in about a minute by itself.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mine does this too and it annoys me beyond belief. More often than this though I hear a popping noise. I've been wanting to ditch SiriusXM in my car but these issues are making that a bit more difficult. I'm hoping for a solution soon though. However, that solution shouldn't involve a new phone. Wish they'd fix it because this has been a known issue since launch.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Mine does this too and it annoys me beyond belief. More often than this though I hear a popping noise. I've been wanting to ditch SiriusXM in my car but these issues are making that a bit more difficult. I'm hoping for a solution soon though. However, that solution shouldn't involve a new phone. Wish they'd fix it because this has been a known issue since launch.

But... but... but.... it worked! All the way up to the point I did a factory reset. This is so frustrating! Now I share your pain. :(

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what you mean by clearing the cache in the system settings? I did just go to storage and cleared that cache.
Perhaps he was referring to booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the system cache? That might help.

At worst, I'd reload the latest stock firmware, wipe the system cache and perform another Factory Reset just to start with a clean slate.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps he was referring to booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the system cache? That might help.

Can you remind me how to do this? I forgot what to hold down when I boot. I know how to do the rest.

I used to be into rooting, ROMing, etc. but it's been a long time.

Thanks!