Notification light

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So I've read on the internet that the phone can pulse a notification light. Now, over set it up, bit when I get new Gmail in my inbox app, the light doesn't pulse. Am I doing something wrong here? Thank you.

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed I get different pulse colors for different notifications (green is hangouts, blue is usually facebook, white for anything else)....is there any way to customize the color per app just through the stock settings menu? Or do I need to get LightFlow for that?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah if you go into the settings for the notifications if the app, you should be able to setup custom colors.

Darkeligos

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I had to download an pretty straightforward app called Light Manager. It allows you to changed the LED color and duration for each app. It also lets you set colors for different phone contacts, which I seem to have lost from my previous phone.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Mmm not sure of that app to be honest with you though unfortunately. I just know about lite flow apps I'm sorry.

Repr1sal

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
I use light manager pro as well. Works like a champ. Offers way more fine tuned control over notification colors and patterns. Just make sure to set all apps built in led settings to off (some have a setting built in, some dont. With an app like this you can have app notification even on the ones that dont.)

Nexus 6P via the Android Central App

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I use light manager pro as well. Works like a champ. Offers way more fine tuned control over notification colors and patterns. Just make sure to set all apps built in led settings to off (some have a setting built in, some dont. With an app like this you can have app notification even on the ones that dont.)

Nexus 6P via the Android Central App
Haha gotcha gotcha I'll have to keep that in mind if I try that app out though. Thank you.

DeadBodyDisco

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I don't know where to poster this so please bare with me.

About 4-5 days ago my phones notification color started changing on its own.
Up till now I've had:
Green for a full battery
Red for a charging/ low battery
And blue for notifications.

That's it.

But all of a sudden I am now getting orange and purple for notifications. Which color it is is random. I thought maybe an app had done it. So I Uninstaller the two I hadjust prior to the problem and no change.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't know where to poster this so please bare with me.

About 4-5 days ago my phones notification color started changing on its own.
Up till now I've had:
Green for a full battery
Red for a charging/ low battery
And blue for notifications.

That's it.

But all of a sudden I am now getting orange and purple for notifications. Which color it is is random. I thought maybe an app had done it. So I Uninstaller the two I hadjust prior to the problem and no change.

You must be using a third-party notification app (Light Flow, perhaps); the stock Nexus 6P does not illuminate the notification LED when charging.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So I Uninstaller the two I had just prior to the problem and no change.
Guess you didn't uninstall the one causing the problem

You could boot into Safe Mode and verify that the problem goes away - then you'd be sure that it was a 3rd party app causing the problem.

You could also try looking in the Notification shade to see if an app is shown there - usually apps that are running in the background will show up there (to keep from getting evicted from memory).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance