Lite FLow with apps

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
ok, so i've got the nexus 6p with liteflow legacy app version and i've noticed that i can't set a custom color LED Light for certain apps such as the actual Tapatalk app but i can for inbox by gmail, and google messenger etc. i also know that there are multiple Lite flow app versions in the play store however the main lite flow ap version has some weird settings where it always has to display a constant notification in the pull down notification shade for some reason, which can't be disabled and it basically drove me nuts. is there any way to set up customer LED Lights using the legacy lite flow app? Thanks in advance for any help. I appreciate it.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Please note that it's very helpful, when mentioning an app, to provide the link to the app you're referring to (ex. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ulting.android.lightflowlegacy&token=rmJlu3IO) since there are often similarly named apps or searches return varying results. This way there's no mistake about what people will look for.

e534d61c0a2c6a0448340c51024b2291.jpg
In my case I didn't feel like granting every permission under the sun just to check this out. There's probably a valid reason for the permissions requests, since I guess the application can provide notifications for lots of different situations, but I didn't feel like digging further into it. Good luck.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
well first of all i do apologize for the lack of a link. i will next time...usually i am as clear as i can be, and i do provide specific details. with that being said, yes, that's the app that i do have on my nexus 6p. works very well as intended. I am just unable to setup a custom LED Light for the Tapatalk app or for any other custom app and i do not feel like downloading the "Other" LiteFlow app because there's always a persistent notification in the notification shade and it's really frustrating/annoying to deal with. Other people are right here though that there's very minimal battery drain, and that it works as described. I would just love for there to be customer app LED Light options in this app, that's all. Thanks anyways though.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
usually i am good with the detailed information i am sorry .. i just want to be able to have the cusomt led ligh controller for the tapatalk app without having to download the "Other" liteflow app because there's always a persistent notification for it in the notification shade, and it's really annoying that's why.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
First off go with the proper version of LightFlow, the legacy version may slip out of memory and stop working. The current version does have a persistent notification while the screen is off but it disappears quickly after unlock, to keep it running.

I haven't seen it impact the battery. Works much more reliably than ambient display.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I thought I read that you should install the full version first, then install the legacy version and it would get rid of the permanent notification. Perhaps I misunderstood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34