Joined the Nexus 6p family!

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
How is it compared to the Iphone 6S?
I have the iPhone 6s Plus.

Compared to the Plus? I like them pretty much the exact same so far. I just happen to like Androids a little better because of the customization.

There is little things that I like better on each phone, so I'll try to vote and explain why? I have no scientific data to back these opinions, they're just my personal thoughts.

1. Fingerprint scanner - Nexus 6p. It's faster on the 6p and I like unlocking it from the back. Just feels more natural.

2. Build quality - tie for me.

3. Screen - I prefer the 6p over the iPhone but the iPhone does go brighter.

4. Typing - 6p all day. I absolutely love using Swype! That's it lol.

5. Battery life - iPhone 6s Plus. I can get 2-3 days out of a single iPhone charge. I'm still letting the 6p settle in so we'll see.

6. Mute/vibrate switch - what can I say? I absolutely love the switch on the iPhone.

7. Headphone jack - I prefer to have my headphone jack come out of the bottom of the phone, so this one goes to the iPhone.

8. Charging port/cable - tie. I like the iPhone and 6p chargers the same. I just wish the 6p would've stick to the micro USB charger. I seem to have about 20 of those laying around lol. Is there a benefit to having the c type charger?

9. Overall speed - 6p. I've been testing side by side and the 6p seems to be faster at loading stuff for me on the same wifi.

10. Cost - Nexus 6p!!! I can't believe what a value the Nexus 6p is! I paid less than half for my 6p than my 128G iPhone and am just as happy with the 6p lol.

So there is my little review on the 2 phones. Right now I'm leaning more towards the Nexus 6p because it's Android and blazing fast. I'm gonna give it a solid 2 weeks to make up my mind and will probably end up selling the iPhone off!

We shall see!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the iPhone 6s Plus.

Compared to the Plus? I like them pretty much the exact same so far. I just happen to like Androids a little better because of the customization.

There is little things that I like better on each phone, so I'll try to vote and explain why? I have no scientific data to back these opinions, they're just my personal thoughts.

1. Fingerprint scanner - Nexus 6p. It's faster on the 6p and I like unlocking it from the back. Just feels more natural.

2. Build quality - tie for me.

3. Screen - I prefer the 6p over the iPhone but the iPhone does go brighter.

4. Typing - 6p all day. I absolutely love using Swype! That's it lol.

5. Battery life - iPhone 6s Plus. I can get 2-3 days out of a single iPhone charge. I'm still letting the 6p settle in so we'll see.

6. Mute/vibrate switch - what can I say? I absolutely love the switch on the iPhone.

7. Headphone jack - I prefer to have my headphone jack come out of the bottom of the phone, so this one goes to the iPhone.

8. Charging port/cable - tie. I like the iPhone and 6p chargers the same. I just wish the 6p would've stick to the micro USB charger. I seem to have about 20 of those laying around lol. Is there a benefit to having the c type charger?

9. Overall speed - 6p. I've been testing side by side and the 6p seems to be faster at loading stuff for me on the same wifi.

10. Cost - Nexus 6p!!! I can't believe what a value the Nexus 6p is! I paid less than half for my 6p than my 128G iPhone and am just as happy with the 6p lol.

So there is my little review on the 2 phones. Right now I'm leaning more towards the Nexus 6p because it's Android and blazing fast. I'm gonna give it a solid 2 weeks to make up my mind and will probably end up selling the iPhone off!

We shall see!
I have both right now as well and I pretty much agree with every one of these points. I know that USB-C is the future so I'll buy some new cables. Not a huge deal. More of an annoyance right now.

I'm going to sell my iPhone 6S Plus actually while it's still fetching top dollar. I just can't justify having both and dollar for dollar it's just no competition. 6P wins.

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to sell my iPhone 6S Plus actually while it's still fetching top dollar. I just can't justify having both and dollar for dollar it's just no competition. 6P wins.

My thoughts exactly. I'm really thinking that I may very well sell off the iPhone 6s plus once my 2 week test/review of the Nexus 6p is over.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
My thoughts exactly. I'm really thinking that I may very well sell off the iPhone 6s plus once my 2 week test/review of the Nexus 6p is over.

Yeah, I'm curious to know what you and @cwbcpa both decide in the end, as chronic phone switchers (no insult intended, I'm also one of those! lol). Like you, I just want to be totally satisfied with my phone.

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'm curious to know what you and @cwbcpa both decide in the end, as chronic phone switchers (no insult intended, I'm also one of those! lol).
Hey Libra! Ya I have issues when it comes to phones!

I'm seem to be happiest with an Android in my hands though? Since I like tweaking things a lot, Android always keeps things fresh.

I swore once I got my iPhone 6s Plus that I'd never get another phone again. On comes the Nexus 6p!

My only gripes with the 6p so far is that I wish I had my Note 5 keyboard? Having the number row up top is priceless to me.

Also, I prefer the Samsung calendar as well. Keyboard and calendar are probably the 2 things I use the most, so I'm very picky about these 2 lol.

tsparks1

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I came from a 6S Plus and a Note 5 and haven't looked back, especially after ditching Verizon for Project fi. My first months charges were $25.47 with fi. loving it so far.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

I'm seem to be happiest with an Android in my hands though? Since I like tweaking things a lot, Android always keeps things fresh.

I swore once I got my iPhone 6s Plus that I'd never get another phone again. On comes the Nexus 6p!

My only gripes with the 6p so far is that I wish I had my Note 5 keyboard? Having the number row up top is priceless to me.

Also, I prefer the Samsung calendar as well. Keyboard and calendar are probably the 2 things I use the most, so I'm very picky about these 2 lol.
You can use SwiftKey and have your number row. I used it for years. Great keyboard.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm curious to know what you and @cwbcpa both decide in the end, as chronic phone switchers (no insult intended, I'm also one of those! lol). Like you, I just want to be totally satisfied with my phone.
I just sold my 6s Plus so I am committed to the 6p for now at least. I am no longer saying that I am sticking with any one phone. For now though I am very happy with the 6p.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site

Yeah, that makes sense to me. It's kind of challenging to go from lots of customization to barely any. In this day and age, I don't get why we (general we) are expected to settle with what we prefer and like in a phone.

I just sold my 6s Plus so I am committed to the 6p for now at least. I am no longer saying that I am sticking with any one phone. For now though I am very happy with the 6p.

Nice! I'll have to agree with you on the point about sticking to a phone. Enjoyment is most important.

bikrame

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
I have V10 now but i think i am done with it. i want to switch to 6p but next nexus might be around the corner , should i wait ?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have V10 now but i think i am done with it. i want to switch to 6p but next nexus might be around the corner , should i wait ?
I've heard a lot of good things about the V10. I'm curious, why are you done with it?

If you really want a Nexus then go for it. I just got mine a few weeks ago. It's a great phone. Very smooth and I'm liking the Android N beta.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

I just got my 6P a few weeks ago and absolutely love the device, came from a G4 and S6 before that. If you can wait, I'd suggest to wait...I needed a phone and have zero regrets. I left the Nexus 5 for the s6 then g4, don't think I'll leave Nexus ever again.

{Nexus 6P}

Ikeman90

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

The benefit is more minor at the moment. Mostly just you plug in the right way everytime. But when it is as standard as the micro is now the benefit is huge. USB can handle much more power and data so a single usb C port can charge your computer or transfer files.

undefined

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I mostly follow the "best value for money" (when thinking straight), but also want to try "top dogs" when they come out. Had 6S Plus last week just to try iOS 10 beta 1, and went right back to Nexus 6 to try developer preview 4. So I love both platforms in a different way

iPhone 6s Plus is not cheap, but.. It has (imo) the best battery on market right now. Also one of the best screens and the phone just flys. When comparing batteries in normal use I was getting around 10 hrs of SOT (I was timing it with a clock not looking at the stats on the phone) on my iPhone, and almost 5 hrs on my Nexus 6P (4 on Nexus 6). I don't know how apple does it and if it's just my use case, but that is a big difference.

The screen on the iPhone 6s Plus (despite it being just 1080p and not as big as on Nexus 6 / 6P) is more natural (colors - personal preference) but it's so much brighter, it's not even funny. When I get a call on my Nexus, (let's take one of these summer days for example) there is a slight lag for "auto brightness" to max the value for me to see who's calling, and even on max it's "visible" but still a joke when comparing to iPhone.

Those are 2 main advantages I'm crediting to Apple (won't mention better built quality and more stable experience overall), but I'm not sure it justifies the higher price (for most users).

Got Nexus 6 last week for 200 and I think it's great value. In my country Nexus 6P prices (used) start at around 400 and I don't see it being worth twice the Nexus 6 price.

I was playing with S7 Edge (just for fun) and that screen is nice (sharp & bright), and so is that camera. But I can't stand touchwiz (no matter how much they tone it down). Samsung logo on front, home button / sensor, inverted keys positions,.. can't do it.

OnePlus 3 sounds so great, but i'm worried about software.

So tbh, it feels kinda boring on the "Nexus / iPhone fanboy front". I think google should step on the gas and focus more on Nexus phones. And Apple could also start thinking of removing that home button and making the top / bottom bezels smaller (not sure why are they so huge on Nexus 6P but that's a rant for another day). If next Nexus has 4000mah+ battery and a nice bright screen (6s Plus levels) I'm happy.

Sorry if my post is too negative ;)

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Not negative at all. Just your thoughts.

I agree about the iPhone 6s Plus having the best battery. I usually get 60-70 hours in between charges and consider myself a light to moderate user.

The Nexus 6p is settling in a bit and I'm still very impressed with the speed and screen on this device. It's now 8:05pm and I unplugged at 6:30am and am still at 58% battery. So it's definitely getting better. I think it'll be at full battery capacity by this weekend.

Overall I'm very happy with the 6p and may even sell off my iPhone 6s Plus?

undefined

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
You like the brightness on the Nexus when you're outside? And if you can live with battery (can be hard when you come from 6S Plus).. but as mentioned above, some of those "minuses" can be justified with a lower price. 6P (if you get it cheap) seems to be better value for money.

I would still give it a couple of days before you get rid of the iPhone ;)

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Not negative at all. Just your thoughts.

I agree about the iPhone 6s Plus having the best battery. I usually get 60-70 hours in between charges and consider myself a light to moderate user.

The Nexus 6p is settling in a bit and I'm still very impressed with the speed and screen on this device. It's now 8:05pm and I unplugged at 6:30am and am still at 58% battery. So it's definitely getting better. I think it'll be at full battery capacity by this weekend.

Overall I'm very happy with the 6p and may even sell off my iPhone 6s Plus?

You like the brightness on the Nexus when you're outside? And if you can live with battery (can be hard when you come from 6S Plus).. but as mentioned above, some of those "minuses" can be justified with a lower price. 6P (if you get it cheap) seems to be better value for money.

I would still give it a couple of days before you get rid of the iPhone ;)

Agree with undefined, really make sure you want to get rid of your iPhone since when you do and if you regret it the cost to come back will eat into that money you saved. I've tried to come back to Android multiple times since the Nexus 5 came out but I just can't do it.

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Just bought myself a brand new gold Nexus 6p 64GB. Really like the phone, have had it for 1 week now. And it is great. Also using Project Fi on it.... a match made in tech heaven.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX