Nexus 6P or the S7E ?

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone bought an S7E lately and decided to sell it and keep your 6P ? Or vice versa ? Why did you ?

Posted via the Android Central App

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have both right now. If I were to get rid of one, it would have to be the S7E. I have been using the S7E as my daily for a while but I find myself coming back to the 6P to compare and when I do I realize what a great phone it is. As fast as the S7E is, it just isn't as quick as the 6P. Plus I really like the Android N beta.

Oh, and those speakers....not even close.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
With the new nexii coming out I'm disappointed. Small screen, no stereo speakers. Not much of an upgrade over the 6P. I'd probably get a note 7 before the new nexii.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Beautiful S7E hardware. Best looking phone on the market. TouchWiz came along way, and with theming, it's actually just fine. If I am not a project fi user, I would go for S7E.
I have both 6P and 5x, and as much as I like 6P, I'm getting tired of how tall it is. Tall for speakers that I only use on rare occasions.

SupermanJon707

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
My choice was between the S7E and the 6P coming from the LG-G4 I tried both and S7E went back. I am a previous galaxy user and LG user with the S3,S4, Note 3 and Note 4 and a brand new nexus user.

S7E

+ Good screen
+ Samsung's latest flagship of the Galaxy Edge series
+ MicroSD
+ IPX certified

- Bad Speaker
- Samsung + T-Mobile bloatware (omg)
- Non removable battery
- lolwhats carrier lock
- Great camera
- The design doesn't suite my taste the way it feels from holding it in my hand to how it feels holding it landscape style I have big hands so the 6P and it's tall design works great
- Edge screen kinda feels like a gimmick atm
- Micro USB slot....
- Fingerprint reader could be better

Nexus 6P

+ Again good screen (Both AMOled)
+ Amazing dual front facing speakers
+ 0 carrier bloatware/factory unlocked
+ Stock Android Experience
+ NO touchwiz
+ Great camera on par with SG7E minus the OIS but It still takes amazing pictures haven't really missed OIS I'll leave that to my DSLR
+ The 128GB variant is plenty of space for anything no MicroSD needed + Nexus cloud space for Google photos
+ Because of Doze working very well I have never needed to remove a battery ever again it lasts a day and a half :)
+ TIMELY updates first! Plus Android N and Oreo and betas
+ USB-C is great
+ No Carrier EIP plan
+ Fingerprint reader accurate for me 96% of the time and instant

There has been no minuses so far no bugs or glitches anything on my part I do not miss waterproofing because if I'm in the water I don't need to be with my phone anyways as I love to swim more.

I have broken apart with relying on MicroSD slots because I don't see the point anymore and that's due to adoptable storage being what it is.

If you want a great high end device with no carrier bloat and is unlocked and is the purest form of Android and good speakers and on par camera go with 6P

If however you are a active person with water loving kids or yourself and want something at least somewhat comparable go with the SG7E

SupermanJon707

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Now that I see what they are doing with the next Nexus I will be keeping my 6P for the Max amount of life Google keeps it to for updates lol

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Now that I see what they are doing with the next Nexus I will be keeping my 6P for the Max amount of life Google keeps it to for updates lol

Def! The next phones look terrible, if the rumors are true. I'll hold off on buying them, and see how the reviews pan out. Otherwise it'll be the 6P for awhile.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I wasn't impressed either. They should stop jumping to different manufacturers each life cycle

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I have both. Can't bring myself to get rid of either because I like them both. I swap back and forth every few days.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I thought of buying another phone to do that but I can't justify that in my head

Yeah, there isn't any way for me to justify it either. Lol. I have been juggling both for a couple weeks and I need to drop one of them. I have an argument for keeping each of them so I'm not sure which will win out yet.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, there isn't any way for me to justify it either. Lol. I have been juggling both for a couple weeks and I need to drop one of them. I have an argument for keeping each of them so I'm not sure which will win out yet.

I would hate having to constantly swap Sims and in my case I have an SD card so swapping to a non SD card phone would leave me without some media temporarily.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I would hate having to constantly swap Sims and in my case I have an SD card so swapping to a non SD card phone would leave me without some media temporarily.

It's not a huge deal for me. I have both phones set up similar. I do have an SD card in the S7E but it just has pictures, videos and music on it. My pictures and videos are backed up to Google photos and my music is all on Play Music so everything is on both phones. I really don't miss a beat when I switch.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Me too, cant decide which one to get rid of and been switching one another for months. 6P blows the edge out of the water in low light photos.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

I don't use an SD card so no issue to swap for me

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm in a similar situation but I have been switching back and forth between my Note 5 and my 6P. However, since switching to the Dirty Unicorns ROM on my 6P, I think the Note 5 is done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20