Nexus 6P - Android 6.0.1 - Raise volume above recommended level notification?

A

AC Question

Nexus 6P - Android 6.0.1 - Raise volume above recommended level notification

Hi,

It's been happening for months that I frequently get this notification, this occurs randomly -- whenever I'm listening to music or w/e, my volume automatically and the notification is shown.

"Raise volume above recommended level?

Listening at high volume for.....blah blah blah"

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nexus 6P - Android 6.0.1 - Raise volume above recommended level notification

Are you saying that this notification pops up when you're not fiddling with the volume?
I've only seen it when I'm raising the volume level.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nexus 6P - Android 6.0.1 - Raise volume above recommended level notification

I've never seen that notification, but I've heard of it before. Are these US based 6P's or no?

Posted via the Android Central App

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
It is more than likely that all phones today comply with European Volume regulations ( European Commission - PRESS RELEASES - Press release - Questions and answers on the mandate for new safety standards for personal music players ).

From previous threads about other Nexus phones, my best guess is that you only get this warning if you are using low-impedance (in the 16 - 20 ohm range) wired headphones/earbuds. Briefly, the lower the impedance, the greater the volume output for a given voltage input; thus, low-impedance earbuds are capable of substantially louder output than high-impedance models (32 - 40 ohns).

See if you can ascertain the impedance rating of your current earbuds, then try a pair with a higher rating and see if the warnings go away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21