Wifi constantly dropping.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
It's definitely the phone and not the router or modem. It doesn't happen to any of my devices but the 6P. I noticed it happening when Google Connectivity Services updated on 6/1/16. It may be a coincidence or the root cause. Judging by the reviews on Google Play, I don't think I'm alone. I've tried almost everything. Forget and re-add wifi, reboot the modem/router, airplane mode on & off, soft reset, factory reset, change modem settings, switch around from auto/2.4/5ghz, rebooting in safe mode, tried multiple wifi optimizer apps. I've been meddling around for around two months now and I'm officially stump. Any suggestions?

Google Nexus 6P

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
What does Google support have to say about it?

Sounds to me like you've done a pretty thorough job of eliminating the common factors, and the rest of us aren't having this problem, so that pretty much only leaves a faulty device as the cause.

One thing you didn't mention is whether or not the problem occurs with other WiFi connections (either open networks like Starbucks or the local library, or private networks when you visit friends/family) - if it does, then it's likely your device; if it doesn't, then regardless of how all the rest of your devices behave, there's some other issue that you'll have to check out (ex. borrow a router from a friend and set it up at your house and see how the 6P behaves).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy