Little vibrate notification every so often... How do I stop it?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
My phone vibrates very quickly every so often - Iike a quick alert. I can't seem to figure out what's doing it. I thought it might have something to do with my Gear S2 watch but I don't see any associated setting.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When it vibrates, do you see any notifications on the watch? Or have you noticed the watch intermittently disconnecting, then connecting again?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
When it vibrates, do you see any notifications on the watch? Or have you noticed the watch intermittently disconnecting, then connecting again?
That was exactly what I was thinking. No notifications. Last time it happened, I looked at my watch quickly and it was connected but maybe I looked too soon. I'm going to be watching that closely right now.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Also, to help narrow it down, try disconnecting your watch for a day and see if the vibrations go away.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
There should be a way to view the alert history. I know there's some apps which can do it, but don't know any off-hand. I'm not sure if something that vibrates but doesn't send an alert will show up, though, but it might be worthwhile to see if you can narrow it down some.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
This happens to me when I get a call from a blocked number. First I get a random vibration with no notification then a minute later I get a spam voicemail.

Google Nexus 6P

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty sure I can attribute it to the Samsung Gear S2 disconnecting from Bluetooth and reconnecting. I won't call it 100% yet but I didn't wear the watch and it stopped. I searched all through the app's settings for one that controlled this notification and couldn't find it. Android Wear let's you turn it off and on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, good detective work! Now the question if the frequent disconnection is due to the phone or the watch. Are you able to connect the Gear S2 to any other phones for a day or so to see if the same thing happens?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol