Compatible smart watch for 6p

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking to buy a used smart watch to connect with my 6p. Ive seen some Samsung watches that won't connect with anything but a Samsung device. What smart watch would you recommend? I'm just looking for some advice.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken Google has a deal on the Huawei Watch (not sure which particular model) on their website, so it must work with the 6P. I've also seen deals on Newegg for it. Of course those are for new devices, but it would be a place to start your search.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
The Gear S2 will NOT work with it; it runs proprietary software, and will only run with the latest Samsung phones.

Any Android Wear watch is compatible with the 6P, including the new 360.

Posted via the Android Central App

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
The Gear S2 will NOT work with it; it runs proprietary software, and will only run with the latest Samsung phones.

Thank you that's the type of feedback I was looking for

rld082982

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site

This is INCORRECT. I run my Gear S2 perfectly well with the 6P, as I did with my LG G Flex 2. Not sure where you're getting this idea that it only runs on Samsung phones.... Samsung themselves never said that.

rld082982

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I highly recommend the Gear S2, imo it's the best smartwatch available both in looks and functionality. I love the Tizen OS... buttery smooth, and notification are synced instantly.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I highly recommend the Gear S2, imo it's the best smartwatch available both in looks and functionality. I love the Tizen OS... buttery smooth, and notification are synced instantly.
How is the battery life? Visually I like it better. The way the band Meets the watch face.

rld082982

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
How is the battery life? Visually I like it better. The way the band Meets the watch face.

You can get the classic which has the more traditional look, with replaceable bands, or the sport version (which i have). There's also strap adapters for the sport version which allows you to use 20mm bands. Head over to http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-gear-s2/658930-gear-s2-sport-strap-adapter.html to check those out.
The battery life is great, 2 days... if I turn off the "always on" watch face, more than that. Plus it depends on how many notifications go off and how much you use it too

DrJay1

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Just to re-inforce - my Gear S2 works perfectly with my 6P; all functions and really good battery life.

Last edited:

DrJay1

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
There is a new one (sport model) on ebay right now for $159. You should be able to find a used one for less than that.
(Of course, the classic and 3G/LTE models will be higher)

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Grabbed a used s2 for $130 today. Connections work. Just not receiving text notifications. Is there anything I need to do?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Is that another standalone app?

Never mind. Its working. Lol. I just got a notification on my watch. It was due to the option on not allowing notifiers come through when I'm using my phone.

Last edited: