Do not disturb or vibrate mode?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just as the title suggests when in are in a quiet room, or sleeping, or at work, what mode do most people here keep their phones in? Do not disturb mode or vibrate?thanks!

pappy35

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 6P for two days now (coming from a Note 5) and so far I'd say this is about the only thing about it I sort of intensely dislike (the rest is all positive BTY). I would REALLY like an option on the pull-down shade to toggle between sound, vibe, and silent (or a function like DnD). It may I that just haven't got it figured all the way out yet so any advise about this would be appreciated.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I would REALLY like an option on the pull-down shade to toggle between sound, vibe, and silent (or a function like DnD).
I realize that my solution isn't on the pull-down shade, but you can use the Volume rocker to switch between sound and vibrate; if you want a full DND selection then you can pick that from the pull-down shade.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I use the DND feature ,and manually toggle "total silence" on,, in my awake hours
When I want my phone to be silent in certain places.
When sleeping I have the DND feature set to "priority only" using the automatic rules setting for the times for it to be mainly silent.
For me that just works better

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. I have actually still been using the do not disturb mode on my schedule at nighttime, and if there's a situation where the ringer is inappropriate but I still have to get notified, then I'll just quickly toggle the vibrate mode for the time being.