Heat & Battery Issue!

BilalHashmi20

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Hello!

I've been using nexus 6p from past one week.
And i am not happy with battery life and some heat issues too.

It has 3450mAH battery.. I expect it to be the best.
And watching YouTube for 45 mins doesn't even made Samsung Grand 2 heat..but this device gets hot.

I'll Share a screenshot and kindly share ur opinion.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 9290.jpg
    9290.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 74

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
How's your connection? Can you please tap the graph and take a screenshot? Your battery goes down more if you have a weak connection.

pappy35

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
With good signal I was getting something 1% - 2% per hour, or even less, drain while idle and maybe up to 10% with the screen on web surfing, word games, texting , etc. (light usage in other words).

BilalHashmi20

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
check this out and Give me some solid solution.
Today i factory reset my device and its still same.

Attachments

• 53.jpg
    53.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 51

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Hmm, your signal is great. That is odd. You might have an app that is keeping your phone awake. Do you have Facebook installed?

pappy35

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Are you doing nothing during this period? Looks like something launched. Screen came on a few times. We can only help if you provide as much detailed information as you have. Watching YouTube for 45 minutes should burn 8%-10% per hour which would be normal. Running any CPU/GPU-intensive games and you will see even more. What apps are you running? Give us more info!

BilalHashmi20

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Right now the only apps i installed are..
Facebook
messenger
Imo
Snapchat
instagram
Uc Browser
Viva Video
Whatsapp.

these are regular apps which i guess everyone uses.
My Brother Own Samsung J7(3000mAh)..That phone works for almost 2 days..He uses the same apps.

I do not have any games yet.
nor any clean master or battery doctor type applications.

pappy35

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so are you saying that the battery drains faster than you like? What is the drain rate? Get GSam battery monitor and use it to see what apps are using the most power. It can also calculate the burn rate (percent per hour). We can't help you if you don't tell us, in detail, what you are doing with your phone.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
check this out and Give me some solid solution
In that screenshot the device was awake more often than the screen on time would account for. You'll need to use something like Wakelock Detector Lite https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...umapps.wakelockdetector.noroot&token=kSAGeRWK to troubleshoot further - apps like GSam Battery Monitor Pro https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm.pro&token=-ZabIS6Q (there's also a free version) won't identify which specific app is causing your problem unless you have root. (Note that to enable Wakelock Detector you'll have to connect the phone to your PC and follow some simple instructions - it's pretty straightforward; let me know if you have any questions.)

Wakelock Detector will identify apps that:
- keep waking the CPU, preventing it from going into deep sleep states
- keep waking the screen, which drains the battery
- issue wakeup events, which bring the device out of even light sleep sleep states

You can also use something like Notification History https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.myd.android.nhistory2&token=BLcRnjk1 or Notification Saver https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.pghant.notifsaver&token=Ne2vjdF4 which will show you if there are unnecessary toasts/notifications being generated that keep the device awake (I use Wakelock Detector in conjunction with those two, and with GSam, to get a good overview of what's going on - YMMV.)