Samsung Note 7 Itch Anyone?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I upgrade my phone every year and every year it has been a Nexus choice. I have had 6p since release and have 5x as well. I love both but 6p will be making way to the next Nexus just like always until I stopped at Bestbuy yesterday and played with Note 7.

Phone is definitely top notch. Last note i had was the Note 3 and note series have come a long way since then. In all honesty, if the phone wasn't going to cost around $900, it will be one I will pick up next. And for Nexus to keep me as a user, they better price the next Nexus right.

With all that said, anyone thinking about Note 7?

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Since I just got my 6P in June I have no intention of changing for a while. With that said, if I was changing it wouldn't be a Samsung mainly because after having the S6 for a year I got pretty tired of Samsung's OEM Android (can't be masked by a good launcher imo). Note 7 looks like a great device if you dont mind Samsung's Android.

{Nexus 6P}

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I've got zero interest in paying a $1,000 for a cellphone. All the power to people who find that necessary but I don't.

Posted via the Android Central App

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I've got zero interest in paying a $1,000 for a cellphone. All the power to people who find that necessary but I don't.

Ive just got my 6P today and love it, but I couldnt justify £900 (UK) for a phone with a Pen in it, plus.. TW is the Disney of phone skins.. ughh.. Why not just buy a Note 4.. amazing OIS camera, stunning big display, removable battery.. and its only £300 (about $450).. and with rest you could go on holiday or do/buy something else...

To me, Note 4 or Note 7... its the emprors cloths

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Still got my Note 3 as a standby phone,had an S6 before my 6P and the bloatware is immense! I`ve just given the S6 away to my niece and did a factory reset...took bloody ages! I was watching the apps downloading and updating and there were 244 items!! 6P is still easily my best ever phone,won`t be interested in the Note 7 unless it was for free on an upgrade(no chance!) and even then I`d get shot of my note 3 and use the 7 as a spare!

pappy35

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I bought my 6P Friday to replace my Note 5.

AT&T and Samsung bloat you can't delete and you can't even disable, unstoppable nagging from Samsung Pay, barely one day battery life, yeah, I'm done with all that. Note 7? Very nice hardware, no doubt about that, but I paid $450 for a brand new phone, I control it's content, going on 30 hours on a charge (with light use), etc. Why pay twice the money for a phone wit glitzy features most people don't use? I did but I won't again.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'll never go back to Sammy unless they offer a pure Android experience. Just too bloated and every one I've owned has had horrible lag problems. Fiance's S5 is actually the best Sammy phone I've used though. Thing is lightning fast two years into it's existence. Still randomly freezes on her maybe once a month if that but it's what I feel like Sammy phones should be like. My Note 4 started nice but drove me nuts about 6 months in. Turned into a piece.....

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I can't use the Note 7 on Fi so it's a no-go for me. Not to mention that if you've used the S7 Edge, you've used the Note 7 (save for some minor software improvements/S Pen). Those that have had the 6P for awhile and need something new only have a few months to wait for the new Nexii, if that.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I only like it because of the S-Pen but not worth the price tag. I have an itch for new phones. Not really just Samsung.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
No interest here, beautiful device but I have been just outright spoiled by Nexus devices, it is my standard as far as timely updates, latest OS and cost. I did pre-order one for the wife though. She is so happy to be back on Android after a bad stint with an IP6S+.

G Lobo

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
All my Samsung phones would lag more and more with each update. I think it was done on purpose to get people to upgrade. 6P has stayed snappy going on a few months

gr_baker

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I was tempted initially but then I realised that all the Note 7 has over the 6p is a marginally better camera, waterproofing and the stylus which I'll probably never use. On the downside is Touchwiz. I'll stick with the Nexus for a good while yet.

pappy35

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The ONE thing I really liked on my Note 5 was the ability to jot notes on pictures. Nexus has Keep (maybe this was around for years but I didn't know about it) which does this using my finger! Haha!

My Note 5's battery life went from OK to bad with the MM upgrade. Waiting 7 months to get upgraded and it ended up ruining the phone's usefulness to me.

My new, bone-stock, 6P just made it through the whole weekend without being charged (that's 12 noon Saturday to 9pm Sunday, 3 hours SoT). Granted I didn't use it much but my Note would have been gone in 17 hours with only 2 hours SoT after the MM upgrade.

jimhuntphoto

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I will never drop Fi. I was paying $140.00 a month on my Note 5. Now I pay $30.00 a month on my 6P and Fi. So I will stay away from Notes and Galaxies.