Weather App

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Do most people here use a standalone weather App wth a persistent notification shade icon or so you just use he Google app? I've always been using the Google app which does work, however the few times that I pull down my notification shade and accidentally hit the weather alert it clears it from the notification area and goes right into my Google now page. Does that annoying anyone at all? Thanks. I love the Google app though regardless I just wish that weather alert notification stayed in the notification area even when you clicked on it.

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I use AccuWeather with a widget, but not in the notification shade. Have also used weather channel and WeatherBug apps previously, but like AccuWeather right now.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Are you talking about the new Google weather app/shortcut only available on Marshmallow with the frog?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
No the regular Google weather App in Google now cards page where you see sports, you're interests, etc.

SupermanJon707

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Google Now weather...just one less app I need to deal with if I install standalone and also...it uses less background battery and data

Posted via Pokémon/Note7 Central App

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
O:) My Samsung Gs7 came-With a default weather app
called Weather but didn't match my location properly
So I switched to AccuWeather work great folks

Munter2

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I spent several hours trying weather apps and finally settled on Weather Live. I wanted a decent looking widget and reasonably close to accurate local temperature and forecast and it fit the bill where most of the others didn't. Is anybody else frustrated by all the lousy, amateurish apps in the Play Store? It seems like I wind up going through way too much junk before I find what I need.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I like having a widget on one of my screens.... and my requirement is for it to have motion radar... you have to be able to see what direction those storms are heading... if they are heading toward you or will miss you. Those are my requirements. Google doesn't do this and I don't want to waste my time having to start up Google Now.

AccuWeather has that... plus hourly forecast and long range forecast.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Is anybody else frustrated by all the lousy, amateurish apps in the Play Store? It seems like I wind up going through way too much junk before I find what I need.
This is what the rating/comments section of each app listing is for. If you want to improve the selection of the apps that are listed be sure to give each app that you install a commensurate rating (that doesn't necessarily mean one star) along with comments about what you did and didn't like.

I usually prefer to email the developers (also found within the app listing) with any issues that I have with the app and give them a chance to correct it or explain their design/implementation. Of course, if I never get a response from the developers THAT information goes into my comments as well.

And frankly, unless an app is very new and thus has limited ratings which might skew the grade, I don't even bother with apps that have less than a 4.0 rating - I figure the average generally is a good indicator of what to expect. YMMV.

Munter2

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
This is what the rating/comments section of each app listing is for. If you want to improve the selection of the apps that are listed be sure to give each app that you install a commensurate rating (that doesn't necessarily mean one star) along with comments about what you did and didn't like.

I usually prefer to email the developers (also found within the app listing) with any issues that I have with the app and give them a chance to correct it or explain their design/implementation. Of course, if I never get a response from the developers THAT information goes into my comments as well.

And frankly, unless an app is very new and thus has limited ratings which might skew the grade, I don't even bother with apps that have less than a 4.0 rating - I figure the average generally is a good indicator of what to expect. YMMV.
Ratings aren't a solution at all. A more advanced search provided by Google instead of a third party app would be. Ratings only show likes and whether there are issues, but don't get into the features I need.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Weather underground is good. I used to use yahoo weather, looked nice but was terribly inaccurate

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan