I love Nougat preview 5, but batter is getting bad, lol.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Just sharing. I used to get 16 hours or more...

Posted via my Nokia 8210 from the inside of a Kitten.

Attachments

• 159086.jpg
    159086.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 163

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm always around chargers, so I'm going to stick it out and wait to update from the beta to the OTA Nougat.... Then I'll be in the clear without having to wipe. (although I just may, since it's good practice to wipe the handset after an entirely new OS upgrade).

Thanks!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I used to get 16 hours or more.
What happened? Have you done any investigation using something like
GSam Battery Monitor Pro https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm.pro&token=ZmS4gEw2
Wakelock Detector Lite https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...umapps.wakelockdetector.noroot&token=grOePDPj

Without tracking what's going on with your apps there's no way to determine why your battery life has dropped off.
1251cd52308a7e4a68a68b7a7835cb19.jpg
9091b6b99592a66f3c33227d8199d20d.jpg
This is pretty typical for me, running DP5.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
This is odd....

Attachments

• 159268.jpg
    159268.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 108

rfendt

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Under Nougat, GSam can no longer tell you BY APP who is sucking the battery. All the apps are grouped together. They have a ticket open asking to change this in the coding.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
My battery life is better on Nougat. I can get 5hrs sot, I could never get that on marshmallow.

Posted via the Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Under Nougat, GSam can no longer tell you BY APP who is sucking the battery. All the apps are grouped together. They have a ticket open asking to change this in the coding.

It can... you just need to grant it the proper permissions via ADB and run this command from your computer:

adb -d shell pm grant com.gsamlabs.bbm.pro android.permission.BATTERY_STATS

If you don't have the pro version of GSAM, the package name will be com.gsamlabs.bbm. Not only does this fix the app data, it also gives the app all the extra stuff that you otherwise would need the GSAM root battery companion.

PearsonDKA

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Yea that's odd. I was testing it out for the last two weeks but went back to MM when my Bluetooth started crapping out. I was getting anywhere from 5-6 hours of SoT over a day or so of usage.

boss.king

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Any word on if there will another preview before the final release? And if not, are we just waiting a few months for new hardware to launch or is nougat expected to roll out before new hardware?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Whenever the LG V20 launches (2nd week in September?) the 7.0 final release should also be available for Nexus devices. There's no additional developer preview scheduled between now and release.

Anders Lundmark

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
It can... you just need to grant it the proper permissions via ADB and run this command from your computer:

If you don't have the pro version of GSAM, the package name will be com.gsamlabs.bbm. Not only does this fix the app data, it also gives the app all the extra stuff that you otherwise would need the GSAM root battery companion.
Does it affect the possibility of getting OTA updates?

Anders Lundmark

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

I can't get it to work, I type the adb comand but nothing seems to happen.

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Gsam still not working on Nougat 7 full upgrade,not preview.
Not sure what you mean by 'still not working' - I'm running the 7.0 release build and it works just like it did before. There's still the issue where it lumps all of the app reporting into one category, but that's a known issue with 7.0 and has to be fixed on Google's end (or you have to use the workaround previously mentioned).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz