Installed N early by enrolling in Beta Program but I can't install anything from Play Store now?

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Not sure why this happened but I can't install or update any apps from the Play Store or APK Mirror now. I would do a hard reset but I want want my texts backed up and Textra doesn't do that and I can't install something that does. Has anyone else experienced this or has a fix?

TonySmithPhoto

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
I've just tested it. I did the same thing. Joined Beta testing, installed Nougat, then I de enrolled from the beta testing. Just went to the app store now, downloaded and installed a game without any problems.

I then tried to update an existing app, all worked fine.

Sorry I cannot help with your issue, but it's working fine with my Nexus 6P.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
It seems like my Android System WebView got disabled during the N install and it won't let me enable it? Could that be the issue?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My phone seems to be working just fine. I am still part of the android beta program. Got the official Nougat yesterday, and everything is working fine.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I figured out the problem and I guess everyone should be aware of this. I had an adblocker installed prior to installing N. After upgrading it messed up my security settings in N and it wouldn't let me update apps and it disabled my Android System WebView app. I just uninstalled it and everything is working again. I was using Block This but I am sure it would apply to Adguard or anything else out there.

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
So I enrolled in the beta program, immediately got the update notification, downloaded the 1174MB update file, it processed the update package and then when it went to the "regular" black screen with the bugdroid laying on his back getting his insides opened up........it had a red triangle exclamation mark and says "Error" under him.. Was worried my phone might be bricked, but I held down the power button and it restarted (thankfully!) but it still says I'm on 6.0.1 and when I go to the system update in settings it says the system is up to date and nothing to download. So since it should've already downloaded, how can I force it to run the update again? Or do I have a bigger issue with the error occurring during the update process??? Help!!! (on a Nexus 6P)

Posted via the Android Central App

pappy35

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I had a failure to install as well. Initially had trouble unenrolling but finally worked and I am downloading it again...

ChinChillaz

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I installed Block This! Prior to N and had no issues with the play store. After the N update I've also had issues updating apps, apps wouldn't download updates at all. I found out that the issue was the VPN created by my ad blocker. When i need to update apps i turn it off and all works well. Little annoyance but not really a big deal.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I installed Block This! Prior to N and had no issues with the play store. After the N update I've also had issues updating apps, apps wouldn't download updates at all. I found out that the issue was the VPN created by my ad blocker. When i need to update apps i turn it off and all works well. Little annoyance but not really a big deal.

Nah, it's a big deal. The developer needs to address this situation. It's not just updates. It's installing apps and sideloading apps from APK Mirror. What I liked about the app was a.) It barely uses battery b.) It just did the job unnoticed. It has failed the latter.

ChinChillaz

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Nah, it's a big deal. The developer needs to address this situation. It's not just updates. It's installing apps and sideloading apps from APK Mirror. What I liked about the app was a.) It barely uses battery b.) It just did the job unnoticed. It has failed the latter.
I totally agree that the app needs update. Since N is new I'm sure they will address the issue and hopefully soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11