How is Nougat so far?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Looks like it is the word "doze" that is the culprit.
Ah, NOW I understand what you meant in your earlier post when you said that you were 'searching' for information on doze in 'Help and feedback' - I thought you were looking at all of the different Settings pages for something related to doze; you were actually searching for the term 'doze' within 'Help and feedback'.
5d26ee43688dddcd70e28f1fea568052.jpg
And when it returned a result you selected it. Here's the translation if you're interested (Japanese to English) :

To use the battery saver mode

The remaining battery level is reduced, to save battery power when not immediately charge a smartphone or tablet, you can turn on the battery saver mode. Automatically battery saver When the remaining battery power is low, you can also be set to be turned on.

If the battery saver is on

When the battery saver is turned on, the upper part of the screen and the bottom of the screen will change to orange.

In battery saver mode, the following operations at the terminal in order to save battery life is limited.

You can not use the Google Maps Navigation

Vibration, position information service, is limited most of the background data

App to synchronize, such as e-mail and messages may not be updated and does not start

To turn on the battery saver

You can [Quick Settings] or from the terminal of the Settings app  turn on the battery saver. [Battery]   tap the battery saver].

To turn on the battery saver, (it can be turned on at any time) [ON] and then tap the switch of [OFF].

To configure the remaining battery power is low become When the battery saver is automatically turned on, [automatically ON] Tap, [the battery is 5% or the battery is 15% select the.

Tip: The Android 6.0 or less, and then tap the battery]   [other]   [battery saver].

To turn off the battery saver

In charge of the terminal, battery saver will automatically turn off. By tapping the switch to [ON] and [OFF] of the terminal, you can also turn off the battery saver.

Related Links

Increase the life of the little battery of remaining amount

Increase the life of the battery

To check the remaining battery power

Consumable too early of battery

Was this article helpful?

Yes No

pappy35

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So far I'd say the battery life under light usage is outstanding. It was on my nightstand for 9 1/2 hours last night and lost 3%.

b0065d5ca4e61ee1a6d2deb67fdb6719.jpg
5f13a9f4d2e00ace0383dbc5cd9dcb85.jpg

pappy35

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
That's what I don't get. Same hardware, same OS, dramatically different results. My usage hasn't changed. Conundrum...

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
My only problem is Hangouts keeps force closing now. Going to try uninstalling and reinstalling.
Otherwise, everything runs smoothly, I'm catching cats left & right (lolz), notifications look and respond beautifully, I love being able to do basic windowing of apps side-by-side, I love filtering blue light at night in bed before I sleep when I'm listening to Pocket Casts... <3

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
My only problem is Hangouts keeps force closing now. Going to try uninstalling and reinstalling.
Otherwise, everything runs smoothly, I'm catching cats left & right (lolz), notifications look and respond beautifully, I love being able to do basic windowing of apps side-by-side, I love filtering blue light at night in bed before I sleep when I'm listening to Pocket Casts... <3
Hangouts freaking sucks. I never thought understood that. I had force closing on M and yes now on N. Google app and doesn't play well with stock Android. No got google, not good.

NosmoKing116

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
How many of see that when you try to get into recovery mode with 7.0 that the text is red and there is nothing that will appear? It seems to be an issue with the current build NRD90M.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
How many of see that when you try to get into recovery mode with 7.0 that the text is red and there is nothing that will appear? It seems to be an issue with the current build NRD90M.
I'm not seeing that at all. I see the normal Android on its back with 'No command', then when I press the correct key sequence I see the usual Recovery screen in blue. I did this twice just now, and I've done it half-a-dozen times since I downloaded the release build.

Sounds like your recovery may be corrupted - perhaps you should load the full build from scratch.

mru007

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Can someone post something other than 'battery life' on Nougat ? This is like the term 'battery life' itself would be ashamed & afraid of how much times it gets poked by everyone on forums :D
'Doze-on-the-go' was not the only feature of Nougat, I suppose. Battery needs some days to settle in, IMHO).