How is Nougat so far?

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
As title says, how's Nougat working out for you? I usually like to wait on major OS updates after I see some real world reviews, feedback, etc.

*6P 64 gb Graphite (AT&T)*
*iPad Air 2 64 gb Space Gray (AT&T)*

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Not impressed with battery life or Doze.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ooh. Maybe, the phone is still "settling in" with the update.... From what I've read, battery life is supposed to better due to better implementation of doze...

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I was going to say nb4batterylifewhining but the complaining was already too quick :(

People will NEVER be happy about battery life... NEVER.

jlukes

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
My phone is not dozing at all. Been off charger for 5 hours and have 28 minutes of screen time and only 77% battery left.

Android OS Keep awake up over 2 hour 45 minutes

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I was going to say nb4batterylifewhining but the complaining was already too quick :(

Battery life is worse on N than it was on M...im not complaining about it but its worse. The guy asked what we think of N, should we avoid this?

Either way, it may be too early to set it as a problem so im waiting out the week and hopefully it improves.

jlukes

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

I'm not complaining about battery life - but when they advertise a feature like doze and there is evidence that it is not kicking in, then there is a problem

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm not having doze issues, in fact, it seems to be working well. I'm having issues with sending the new emojis through Google's messenger application.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have any issues on preview 5 and I just moved to the final build. I guess I'll keep an eye on battery.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not complaining about battery life - but when they advertise a feature like doze and there is evidence that it is not kicking in, then there is a problem

Just poking fun. The first comments about phones are always about battery life and the world is never happy.

I'm gonna wait for the official OTA release before I assume things are working as they should or shouldn't.

jlukes

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Just poking fun. The first comments about phones are always about battery life and the world is never happy.

I'm gonna wait for the official OTA release before I assume things are working as they should or shouldn't.

My version is the OTA. Never rooted a phone in my life

callanish

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Need more testing to be done, but I'm pretty confident my volume levels aren't as loud on N compared to M. Using all original settings on poweramp for music and bsplayer for video because it was an OTA upgrade. Requires 25% more than where the volume levels were before in order to achieve the same results after the upgrade. 90% convinced it's not one of those psychosomatic things in my head.

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Im waiting for OTA update too. Don't feel like flashing image, updating through PC, etc. I will survive waiting a few days for the update. :^)

adam9997

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
So far great, in fact better than M. Doze seems to be doing its job. I had an issue in beta 5 where Gmail was using 20% + of the battery per charge cycle draining my battery in about 10 hours. I fixed it by uninstalling the Gmail updates, clearing app cache then updating. That fixed it and I could get 16 hours. I know it's still early, but I've noticed better battery performance, 20+ hours. Hope it stays that way. Really like the 6p on N.

pappy35

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
When I tried DP5 on a test 6P I had when I unenrolled it forced a factory data reset on the phone. Does it not to do this with official Nougat release? I'd like to force the update but not at the expense of having to do a FDR.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
No, its in the recent AC article. No reset.

"Note:*Once you've updated to the stable version of Nougat, you can leave the Beta program without factory resetting. (This was a requirement for leaving the program whilst on one of the developer preview builds.) To leave the program, simply press the button on the*Android Beta program page."

trekk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Been running great I like the double tap multitasking button feature.

Other than that honestly not much has changed.

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I did a factory reset, updated via beta, factory reset through recovery, cleared cache and booted and set up as a new device. Charged overnight. Battery life is worse, but the OS needs some time to break in as usual. However, my developer options are not sticking. The menu stays, but any options I enable keep randomly disabling. Otherwise, my phone is lightening!