Nexus 6p screen turns black after unlocking

A

AC Question

I have had my nexus for about 3 weeks now. For the most part, everything was working fine. Now, it is acting very strange. I am able to see my lock screen. I can pull down my notification center from my lock screen, I can turn on the flashlight. Everything that I usually can do from my lock screen, I am able to do, but as soon as I unlock my phone whether from my pin code or fingerprint, the screen goes black. Sometimes it works regularly, but most of the time I have this issue. The screen is not damaged, so I have no idea why its acting like this. Please help

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You could try booting into Safe mode and see if it behaves correctly; if it does, there's a 3rd party application causing your problem.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I tried that and a factory reset, and I still have the same problem
Not sure which 'that' you're referring to, unless you meant Safe mode, but if you did a Factory Reset and the problem immediately occurred (before you reloaded all of your apps) then either the OS is corrupted or you have a hardware problem. You could try wiping the system cache in Recovery mode just to eliminate that variable. Otherwise I'd suggest reloading the latest firmware. Once you do that it only leaves hardware as the remaining factor.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure how to do that
With the device on (it could be at the lock screen, since that seems to work for you, although this may only work if you're using the stock lock screen) long-press the Power button until you see the 'Power off' prompt. Then long-press that until you see the prompt to 'Reboot to safe mode'.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana