Android 7 Easter Egg. (For fun)

boss.king

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I only have four and I seem to just get the same ones over and over so I never get new cats. I gave up pretty quickly once I noticed that.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
It's interesting. On my 6P it's raining cats. Sometimes duplicates. Sometimes new ones. But they appear frequently. On my 5X, not so much. I've had a treat out over night with no result.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I've had a treat out over night with no result.
Cats are very finicky - what I did when I saw that no cats were interested in a particular item was to clear the plate and put something new on there - I'd usually find a cat within a short time.

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I had one cat show up a few hours ago and no others would show up so took the dish thing off, went back to "android version" and "reset" the Easter egg and got a new cat, and I've gotten the message "a cat is here" a few times, but it's the same cat, same #. Why the same cat keeps showing up? This is guy here. lol

Attachments

• 71536.jpg
    71536.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 57

radioactive70

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
You do get repeats .like you when I first started I must of got the same cat 3 or 4 times in a roll and thought perhaps something was wrong.wventually I started to get different cats and I'm up to 14 now .there seems to be no ryme or reason to which ones appear or what you try to feed them it's just random and I like, it much better than that floppy bird b.s we had with lolipop and marshmellow.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Cats are very finicky - what I did when I saw that no cats were interested in a particular item was to clear the plate and put something new on there - I'd usually find a cat within a short time.

Agreed! Though technically I'd say the cats find you . . .

Graymonkey

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Sometimes the same cats show up just like in real life. If you put food out, you're gonna get some of the same cats. Sometimes they bring friends, sometimes they don't.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
And I can't rename the cats any more. When I type in the new name and tap OK or Done or whatever the easter egg app freezes.

Seventy cats total.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I kept collecting for a while even after I couldn't scroll through the list or rename anything. But short of keeping a separate written list of "new" cats, I can't tell if I'm getting new ones or just the same ones over and over. So I'm officially quitting the Easter Egg game. It was fun . . . sort of . . . until I ran out of names . . . or couldn't tell when I was repeating them . . . or the game crashed my phone . . . Thanks?