Am i the only one with severe battery drain?

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Last night I left my phone off the charger and my phone went into deep doze and lost 34 percent in like 4 hours. Wtf is going on? My battery life has been crappy since N. Is anyone having similar issues?

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I lost 5% overnight with battery saver and data saver (though was on WiFi) enabled. I would lose 2-3% overnight on MM without doing anything (with battery saver off). Overall, the battery life is worse on N, and it's a bit sad. I wish Google would step up their game, because this is a widely published issue (see the plenty of threads here, and posts on reddit).

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I lost 5% overnight with battery saver and data saver (though was on WiFi) enabled. I would lose 2-3% overnight on MM without doing anything (with battery saver off). Overall, the battery life is worse on N, and it's a bit sad. I wish Google would step up their game, because this is a widely published issue (see the plenty of threads here, and posts on reddit).

In actuality, it really pisses me off because Google bragged all about N going even deeper into battery saving features and here we are with dramatically worse battery life. I'm just pissed off about that. 😠

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you show us a screenshot of what apps are using how much of the power, we might be able to help you better. One power-hungry app can kill the battery in a couple of hours. (I've stopped using my VoIP app for that reason.)

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
If you show us a screenshot of what apps are using how much of the power, we might be able to help you better. One power-hungry app can kill the battery in a couple of hours. (I've stopped using my VoIP app for that reason.)

It seems to be doing better After the cache wipe.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Check out what happens while in doze.
What leads you to believe that your device was in doze? I see nothing in that screenshot that says anything about what sleep state (if any) the device was in.
1a22676066b30aed326d0d1024e662db.jpg
This, on the other hand, provides specifics. Perhaps you should try something like GSam Battery Monitor Pro
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm.pro&token=aJOqkoAz (there's also a free version).

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
@GSDer - OP's screen shot is from GSam...They're just viewing the charts (tap the bottom left icon that looks like a chart and scroll to Others tab). I'll agree your screenshot is more useful as it shows the numbers in detail.

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
In actuality, it really pisses me off because Google bragged all about N going even deeper into battery saving features and here we are with dramatically worse battery life. I'm just pissed off about that. ??????
I'm hoping enough people will make it noted and Google will act (Google please?!)

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I lost 5% overnight with battery saver and data saver (though was on WiFi) enabled. I would lose 2-3% overnight on MM without doing anything (with battery saver off). Overall, the battery life is worse on N
I can neither agree nor disagree with your statement about battery life on Nougat being worse than on Marshmallow since I never bothered to track specifics on Marshmallow. I suppose I could un-enroll from the Beta program and flash the last 6.0.1 build to see what happens, but that's really a lot of effort. Perhaps someone still on Marshmallow could do that before upgrading?

Anyway, I'll agree with the estimate of ~5% overnight, since I consistently see about that over 8 hours of no activity.
6fbf5531a2c6b2170825c73bff66c1d4.jpg
b926677fd5877462e58518ae73dcffc8.jpg
d7c2fdcbcb381f844acaab70b270ac51.jpg
0528de4529ff7c5c09d4339d6a18ca41.jpg
(I don't use Battery Saver but I do have Data Saver enabled.)

I really don't have any complaints about this overnight behavior, or the fact that I can get about 4 hours SOT if I push the phone to around 20% battery remaining (which I don't like to do). YMMV.

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Something might be causing a wake lock or alternatively Doze is just not triggering. Uninstall some apps, wipe your cache and see how things go from there.

Since the latest update to my phone my battery life has been sucky I don't own a nexus but an LG stylo 2 I have used it heavily for 8 months and now my battery dies from like 15-2 percent. I bought a non oem backup battery worked fine until the last big update they did then my backup said unauthorized battery in device and shut down. So now I finally broke down and spent $10 on eBay for a supposed new oem battery I hope it lasts longer than this current battery or I will be pi**ed

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Since the latest update to my phone my battery life has been sucky I don't own a nexus but an LG stylo 2 I have used it heavily for 8 months and now my battery dies from like 15-2 percent. I bought a non oem backup battery worked fine until the last big update they did then my backup said unauthorized battery in device and shut down. So now I finally broke down and spent $10 on eBay for a supposed new oem battery I hope it lasts longer than this current battery or I will be pi**ed

Your comment and phone are completely irrelevant to the topic being discussed. Your phone likely is not even on 7.1 and it has completely different hardware and firmware. Are you trying to troll?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
someguyredeye