Is it just me, or do the more recently manufactured devices seem better?

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Is it just me, or does it seem that the more recently manufactured 6P's are better in build quality, especially where the speakers are concerned, with sound through a headset? For example, my latest Gold 6P has a build date of January 30, 2016, whereas my original Aluminum 6P had a build date of October 31, 2015. The speakers on my Gold 6P seem to have a fuller sound. It's interesting.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure when mine was assembled, but I can say that the right speaker (i.e., the one where the phone mic is) seems somewhat less powerful than the left speaker. So when I'm watching a video, it seems balanced towards the left. I haven't been able to compare it with newer phones, though.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure when mine was assembled, but I can say that the right speaker (i.e., the one where the phone mic is) seems somewhat less powerful than the left speaker. So when I'm watching a video, it seems balanced towards the left. I haven't been able to compare it with newer phones, though.

You can find the build date of your device in the barcodes. One of barcodes will have a date on it which represents the date of manufacture.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The barcodes on the box? I checked and couldn't find anything that looked like a date. Or are you actually scanning the barcode with a barcode scanner app?

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
The barcodes on the box? I checked and couldn't find anything that looked like a date. Or are you actually scanning the barcode with a barcode scanner app?

No, no. Power off your phone. Once it's off, hold down Power + Volume Down. When the screen turns on, scroll to Barcodes and select it. One of the barcodes will have a date on it, which represents the build date of your phone.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
No, no. Power off your phone. Once it's off, hold down Power + Volume Down. When the screen turns on, scroll to Barcodes and select it. One of the barcodes will have a date on it, which represents the build date of your phone.

I don't know about being better since this is my first Nexus.. But my build date is 8-6-16 and it is a flawless phone just as I said in my unboxing thread when I got it,so you could be very right in your thoughts...

I'm still exceedingly pleased with my choosing to forgo all of the newest phones and purchasing this one outright. On every other phone I have owned, the honeymoon ended rather early but this time I'm still on it... Lol

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't know about being better since this is my first Nexus.. But my build date is 8-6-16 and it is a flawless phone just as I said in my unboxing thread when I got it,so you could be very right in your thoughts...

I'm still exceedingly pleased with my choosing to forgo all of the newest phones and purchasing this one outright. On every other phone I have owned, the honeymoon ended rather early but this time I'm still on it... Lol

Did you purchase direct from Google, or elsewhere? Your device is literally fresh out the oven, lol.

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Manufacture date on mine is January 2016 and I purchased my phone in March from Best Buy. Haven't had any issues (knock on wood) w/ my apparatus. I'm really enjoying this phone!! :)

Nate Silver

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Cool, I didn't know about that! Just got mine a few days ago from Amazon, and build date is 8-16-2016. Talk about that new phone smell!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Oh, thanks for the tip! Mine is 11/2015.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams