New 6P, can't start Android

rbell2915

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
532f52a7c714e7be6fee583da5a602a1.jpg

I just turned on my phone for the first time, and this popped up. I bought the phone brand new. How do I get past this?

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

1. If your device is on, turn it off.
  2. Press & hold the Volume down button. While holding Volume down, press & hold the Power button until the phone turns on. You'll see the word "Start" with an arrow around it.
  3. Press the Volume down button until you highlight "Recovery mode."
  4. Press the Power button to start recovery mode. You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark (you may also see "No command").
  5. Press & hold the Power button. While holding Power, press the Volume up button once. Then release the Power button.
  6. Press the Volume down button until you highlight "Wipe data/factory reset." Then press the Power button.
  7. Press the Volume down button until you highlight "Yes" (or "Yes - delete all user data"). Then press the Power button to select it.
  8. After the reset is complete, press the Power button to select "Reboot system now."
  9. When you're done, restore your data.

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/4596836?hl=en

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'd second that - if it was represented as a 'brand new' device someone lied to you. Who knows what else they lied about?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae