Who is keeping the 6p this year

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I was definitely planning on keeping it, but it's battery performance since 7.0 is making me reconsider. Just last night I lost 10% battery overnight, and the night beofre I lost 15%. That's about as bad as it was on Lollipop. I've cleared cache a couple times but no difference. I thought the new Doze was supposed to help with battery life, instead it's worse than before. Getting a little PO'd with Google.

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Got 8% tonight from 22:30 evening to 05:30 morning.
Still, I am ok with it, I got it on the cable anyway, when I am at my desk @work

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I was definitely planning on keeping it, but it's battery performance since 7.0 is making me reconsider. Just last night I lost 10% battery overnight, and the night beofre I lost 15%. That's about as bad as it was on Lollipop. I've cleared cache a couple times but no difference. I thought the new Doze was supposed to help with battery life, instead it's worse than before. Getting a little PO'd with Google.

I would find out what app /s are causing your issues. I went from a new install of 7.0 and have 90x on it now and my battery life is excellent. Something on your set up is causing the problem..

MarcheLive

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
After losing my 6P last month to a thief, I decided to pass on the high-dollar Pixel and get another 6P. My 64Gb version arrived a couple days ago. I spent most of the first day reinstalling all my apps and upgrading to Nougat. Now it's running smooth and I'm a happy camper. I'll see what the future brings for Pixel.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I've had a pretty positive experience with my 6P, but there are 3 reasons I'm leaning toward switching to a Pixel XL now that the reviews are out for the Pixels and are overwhelmingly great:

1) BT performance on my 6P is terrible and is getting really frustrating. It seems like about 50% of the time I get in the car I need to toggle it on and off again to get it to connect correctly. I even factory reset it, but it didn't fix the issues.
2) The camera, while it takes great shots, is frustratingly slow. I have a 2 year old, and I'm ending up with a lot of blurry photos because of how long it takes for the camera to focus and capture the shot.
3) Since the Nougat update, my battery's been draining about twice as fast as it used to (and yes, I did a factory reset). On weekdays it's not a big deal, since I charge it in my car, but on weekends I'm always running low by the end of the day.

dlaluan

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Had my 6P since it first launched and have no intention of getting rid of it. I will be getting a Pixel for the wifey though. :)

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Well the new 7.1.1 is out now and for the folks who have been having issues you should try it and see if it helps.

I wasn't having issues before, so I don't know if it will but can say my 6p is running better than before.

I still don't have any plans for upgrading to the new pixels as yet, hopefully they will offer something more next year..

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
While I am planning on keeping my 6P.... the enablers here (mods and ambassadors getting Pixels) might get to me. I don't trust 'em.

tsparks1

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Well the new 7.1.1 is out now and for the folks who have been having issues you should try it and see if it helps.

I wasn't having issues before, so I don't know if it will but can say my 6p is running better than before.

I still don't have any plans for upgrading to the new pixels as yet, hopefully they will offer something more next year..

7.1.1 certainly helped the camera issue, it's blazing fast now.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
3) Since the Nougat update, my battery's been draining about twice as fast as it used to (and yes, I did a factory reset). On weekdays it's not a big deal, since I charge it in my car, but on weekends I'm always running low by the end of the day.
If you're having poor battery life after doing a Factory Reset (and I'm assuming you wiped the system cache) then you probably have one or more apps causing your battery drain. Time to use something like GSam Battery Monitor Pro https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm.pro&token=LHQE6Fzk (there's also a free version) to investigate.

thrilla23

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I've been tossing around the idea of buying the Pixel and selling my Nexus 6P, but I just can't get myself to part with the device. Each time I feel like it has gotten boring I get an OS update from Google, I switch up my NoVa launcher layout, or I get a new case.