Google Messenger issue "couldn't download"

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what the issue is, never had the problem until today, but using Google Messenger with Nexus 6P and now when my wife replies to a group message (same group message we have used for months) I am getting an error back to just our solo thread saying “couldn't download message, tap to download” but nothing happens. I am getting the other party in the groups messages and my wife and the other party can see mine and hers, but I can't see hers.

Any idea why? I haven’t changed any settings and like I said, this was never an issue before. I tried to clear the cache and data and nothing.

Thanks!

EDIT: Seems to be only when my wife replies to the group message. We have tried two different group messages and I get the other parties text, but when my wife replies, her says "couldn't download" and goes individually to me. But the other people in those groups are getting her messages. Thoughts?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what the issue is, never had the problem until today, but using Google Messenger with Nexus 6P and now when my wife replies to a group message (same group message we have used for months) I am getting an error back to just our solo thread saying “couldn't download message, tap to download” but nothing happens. I am getting the other party in the groups messages and my wife and the other party can see mine and hers, but I can't see hers.

Any idea why? I haven’t changed any settings and like I said, this was never an issue before. I tried to clear the cache and data and nothing.

Thanks!

EDIT: Seems to be only when my wife replies to the group message. We have tried two different group messages and I get the other parties text, but when my wife replies, her says "couldn't download" and goes individually to me. But the other people in those groups are getting her messages. Thoughts?

What phone does she have?

Do you have a lot of messages?

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
So I had my wife download Google Messenger and I received her text in group texts this time. So I am guessing it's something to do with the update she got on her Note 4 and the stock messenger app she is using. Maybe a setting got switched after the update?

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Last week when my wife would send me a group message, I would receive a kickback to just our thread that says “”Couldn’t download” we have been using group messages forever. I could see the other peoples message, they could see my wifes and mine and my wife can see mine and theirs, but I couldn’t get my wifes messages. I eventually had her download Google Messenger and I started getting her messages in group message again. So today I text a friend, who has stock android message app and another friend. When one of my friends replied back, it came back as the same message “Couldn't download”, same situation, only came to my thread as the error. Anyone have an idea why?

EDIT: I just had two co-workers text me, one is iphone and the other is a Galaxy S5, stock messenger, and I got both messages. I don't know what is going on.

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Just had wife switch back to stock and got the error again when she messages me, but from Google messenger, no problem. But some of my other friends are using stock android messenger and no errors, but from another friend, stock android, I get an error. So weird and frustrating.

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Something not playing right with Goolge messenger. I download Textra and had the same people message me and it went through.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane