Best text message app?

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I like Textra but Android Wear support is lacking. I get notification and I can reply but that's it. I can't open the messaging app from the watch or see any messages unless I get one set to me first. Once that's implemented like Google Messenger and Google Hangouts, I will go back to Textra.

As of right now, im stuck with Google Messenger.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the Chomp messaging app for about a year now with no problems, I did buy the paid version to get rid of the ads even time I opened the app. It has an iOS emoji plug in also.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the Chomp messaging app for about a year now with no problems, I did buy the paid version to get rid of the ads even time I opened the app. It has an iOS emoji plug in also.
Same here,use Chomp,highly customiseable for not much money...very good.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I use Google messenger as we!l but I can't wait for solo to finally be released to see what that's all about. Google messenger has the unique feature \ ability to be able r to compress \ resize videos that you can take on you're phone, and send them out as an MMS.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I like Textra but Android Wear support is lacking. I get notification and I can reply but that's it. I can't open the messaging app from the watch or see any messages unless I get one set to me first. Once that's implemented like Google Messenger and Google Hangouts, I will go back to Textra.

As of right now, im stuck with Google Messenger.

Ok. But the Google Messenger app for the phone is seriously lacking compared to Textra though? If I had a choice between the two interfaces my phone wins every time.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok. But the Google Messenger app for the phone is seriously lacking compared to Textra though? If I had a choice between the two interfaces my phone wins every time.
I need both. I work in places where my phone can't get service unless it's by the window and I can't keep going back so I use my watch to see messages and respond from 20ft away. And use my watch to see who's calling and answer with a Bluetooth headset. While this isn't everyday, it's still something I need a good amount.

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I still rock Textra. Tried Hangouts for SMS, and it's both ugly and clunky. Tried Messenger (FB) and I don't like how it's designed for chat and SMS.

I'm hoping Allo will be the answer, but my hopes aren't high.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Verizon Messages+
I actually liked that app on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3, but it didn't play well when I tried it on Google Fi - it wouldn't send MMS, so I had to ditch it.

The thing I liked about it was the Glympse integration - you could send/receive Glympses from within the UI without having to rely on an external app or browser (their browser integration SUCKS!).

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I actually liked that app on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3, but it didn't play well when I tried it on Google Fi - it wouldn't send MMS, so I had to ditch it.

The thing I liked about it was the Glympse integration - you could send/receive Glympses from within the UI without having to rely on an external app or browser (their browser integration SUCKS!).

I had no idea that was called "Glympse" lol. I've always really enjoyed that feature!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908