Android 7.0 OTA Update not working after IMEI no change

sausumit

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Recently I got my Nexus 6P repaired from Huawei authorized service center after boot up issue. After the repair, I came to know that they have changed the PCB and thus changed the IMEI no of my phone. Everything was good until I installed the OTA update just after setting up the phone. The update was for upgrading the Android version to 7.0 (Android N). To my surprise, after the update I found that the Android version is still 6.0.1 when I checked the About phone in the Settings menu. I am fearing that the change in IMEI no. has resulted into this problem where the updates are not being pushed to my phone. Can someone help me with what the problem is and how to resolve this. Has anyone else faced a similar issue and what should my next steps be?

NewPepper

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
That small update you got was to prepare the phone for the full Nougat 7.0 update which should get pushed shortly. Just hang tight, it will arrive soonly.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
IMEI change is not the issue; others have encountered similar issues when starting the update from 6.x to 7.x. Just be patient (and occasionally check for system updates )

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci