Since Sept update Bluetooth is not working

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I have been struggling since May to keep my 6P communicating with my 2015 Toyota Highlander. To add to the headache since the Sept update I can no longer connect my 6P to my Panasonic cordless phone system. My Toyota connects and then disconnects since the Sept update. The blue tooth is useless. I have reset the connections, reinstalled the Toyota app and nothing fixes it. What the devil is wrong with Google and these blue tooth issues?

How hard would it be to go back and flash my phone with the April update? I would prefer to take no updates at this point to get a working blue tooth.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Since Sept update my blue tooth is hosed

I have been struggling since May to keep my 6P communicating with my 2015 Toyota Highlander. To add to the headache since the Sept update I can no longer connect my 6P to my Panasonic cordless phone system. My Toyota connects and then disconnects since the Sept update. The blue tooth is useless. I have reset the connections, reinstalled the Toyota app and nothing fixes it. What the devil is wrong with Google and these blue tooth issues?

How hard would it be to go back and flash my phone with the April update? I would prefer to take no updates at this point to get a working blue tooth.
Before reverting back to a previous update have you tried clearing the device cache? Here are the instructions via Google to clear the device cache through recovery. When following in instructions, don’t select ”factory reset”, rather, select ”clear/wipe cache”. Let us know if you have any questions.
Option 2: Reset device in Recovery mode

If you can't open the Settings app because of device issues, you can use Recovery mode to factory data reset ("format") your device.

Tip: If your device becomes unresponsive at any point, you can restart it by holding down the Power button for several seconds.

After following all the Before you start steps above:
1.If your device is on, turn it off.
2.Press & hold the Volume down button. While holding Volume down, press & hold the Power button until the phone turns on. You'll see the word "Start" with an arrow around it.
3.Press the Volume down button until you highlight "Recovery mode."
4.Press the Power button to start recovery mode. You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark (you may also see "No command").
5.Press & hold the Power button. While holding Power, press the Volume up button once. Then release the Power button.
6.Press the Volume down button until you highlight "Wipe data/factory reset." Then press the Power button.
7.Press the Volume down button until you highlight "Yes" (or "Yes - delete all user data"). Then press the Power button to select it.
8.After the reset is complete, press the Power button to select "Reboot system now."
9.When you're done, restore your data.

Source: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/4596836?hl=en

Last edited:

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Have you tried doing a factory reset yet?

I'm lucky that mine isn't acting up with the Bluetooth but I did do a factory reset when I upgraded to 7.0 through the DP. I know it's a pain but sometimes this is the only way of clearing up issues with it.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm seeing all sorts of Bluetooth problems also with the Sept update. Everything was fine with the developer previews but it seems that Bluetooth has gotten progressively worse on the released versions. Phone dialing seems to work but the call itself frequently isn't going through Bluetooth. Connectivity to Verizon also seems to be much worse.

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I reset the cache. The Panasonic cordless is paired again. One down. I'll do the car later tonight or tomorrow to see what happens. Resetting the cache was also fussy, I got the 'no command' error with the Android on his back. It requires pressing the Power on and Volume up a few times to get past it.